By Jack - 03/04/2013 21:40

Today, my washing machine broke down, within its warranty. I asked my neighbour if she could open the door for the mechanic while I was at work; she agreed. When I came home, I had a bill for 80 bucks for not opening the door. Her reason? She was busy watching her favorite TV show. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 591
You deserved it 5 129

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you want something done right, do it yourself.

BlackBlazeCobra 16

I would make her pay the bill for utter laziness.

Comments

One question.. Where was shit involved? I certainly hope not on the dishes..

Dishes? He said his washing machine, not his dishwasher.

\ 28

No pun intended here, perhaps #13 is safe for now.

As its still in its warranty period, tell them to come back at a time convenient to you.

Well, how can you possibly expect her to fulfill her promises when her favorite TV is on? Stupid OP...

\ 28

Give her a karmic retribution. Cut the cable to her receiver, if it's within inconspicuous reach..,

perdix 29

You should challenge the $80 fee. If the repair guy has a GPS to tell him how to get to your house, how come he doesn't have a TV Guide to tell him when the awesome shows are on? Huh? If my house caught fire during The Daily Show, I might not make it out alive!

Maybe you should have offered her like 20 bucks to help you... coulda saved 60

I'm currently in school to become an appliance tech. This is actually a common occurance, if you get the wrong people. Although, the price sounds about right. It really is around $80 just to see what the problem is. Then depending on the problem.. you'll end up spending the same, or in the $100's...

A lot of time it's a rip off though. I worked as a mobile phone tech for 5 years. 70% of the time, the fault was something I could fix within a minute. That'll be $50, thanks. On the flip side, something could take me a day or 2 to fix (about 2% of cases), and it would still cost the customer $50 as my boss believed in fixed price repairs.