By noodlesandmilk - 13/12/2015 14:10 - Australia - Canberra

Today, my step-brother went grocery shopping alone for the first time. He came home with Ramen and 14 bottles of chocolate milk, which will expire by the 20th. My step-dad is insisting we eat it so it doesn't go to waste. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 048
You deserved it 1 841

Same thing different taste

Comments

You don't have to drink up that milk. You can freeze milk and drink it later. I hope you have a deep freezer.

you can make tons of things with ramen. there's a recipe book with 150 recipes, including dessert, for ramen. try mixing cream of mushroom soup with 2 packs of ramen. if they're just cup noodles then you're screwed.

Most food and drink actually stays good for at least 2 weeks past the sell-by date. The "expiration" date is actually just when the stores can't sell it anymore. They wouldn't ever sell a product that was going to go bad the next day. It just doesn't happen. So you don't have to each drink 4-5 bottles a day. If you collectively drink 1-2 a day, you'll finish it all before it even comes close to going bad. Also, dry pasta doesn't really expire. The ramen will last pretty much until you decide to cook it.

bad_boyfriend 10

Milk doesn't go bad on the sell by date

DeltaDragonxx 20

This is less of an FML and more of a win. I would take any excuse to eat ramen and drink chocolate milk!

Food shopping is a skill that needs to be taught. It isn't something innate.