By freakingout - 04/09/2012 21:55 - United States - Roslyn

Today, it was my first day back at school. My social anxiety is so bad that I couldn't even raise my hand to use the bathroom because I didn't want people to look at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 996
You deserved it 4 616

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It will be worse if they look at you after you've peed yourself.

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

Show up fashionably late, wearing nothing but a G string and a burger king crown. You'll get over your social anxiety pretty quickly. And a week out of school from the suspension.

Comments

It will be worse if they look at you after you've peed yourself.

OP should just wear a diaper. Problem solved.

1- that exact scenario happened to me on my first day of the third grade. Yay!

People who don't have anxiety can't even begin to understand what it's like. I know how much it sucks dw OP.

habibiiiiiii 2

When you gotta go you gotta go. Don't let other people get to you like that!

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Unfortunately, it's not as easy as just "not letting them get to him." :/ I haven't been diagnosed, but I have quite severe anxiety problems so I know how he feels.

griffins33 4

If he had the FML probably would have said that

Today, I had my first day of school. My social anxiety is so bad that I couldn't even raise my hand to use the bathroom because I didn't want people to look at me. I peed myself and they all looked at me anyways. FML

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

Show up fashionably late, wearing nothing but a G string and a burger king crown. You'll get over your social anxiety pretty quickly. And a week out of school from the suspension.

dethbunny 0

That's something I would do #5. I was diagnosed with depression , but I didn't just stay depressed. I try to live life to it's fullest and be as happy as I can be. You shouldn't let your own bearers slow you down op, see a therapist, practice with crowds, do whatever you need to do in order to live happy.

35- I believe the response they were looking for was "LMAO!"

August42 10

Social anxiety isn't something you can just 'get over'.

Don't worry about what anyone else thinks about you. You are unique, **** everyone else

habibiiiiiii 2

With her condition it's not that simple

I think you mean to say his. Just a guess from the male symbol next to the post at the top...

#24: I understand that some people may use those terms as an excuse for their behavior, but for some people it is legitimate. I have a chemical imbalance in my brain that causes depression and social anxiety. I have to take medicine for it, and seeing a therapist really has helped. People say "all you have to do is cheer up!" but when it really is something physically wrong with you, it's not that easy.

sensoon15 7

Sometimes I get that feeling. Especially during lunch. Don't want to walk to the vending machines for fear that everyone will watch. But if you just push yourself to do it, you'll get over it.

I unfortunately suffer from that as well. FYL OP. I know how horrible it sucks to even walk by a crowd of people.

i know your pain. i took up smoking again to keep it down. music helps too try Less Than Jake or Morning Glory

I know how you feel OP, I suffer from anxiety as well. Do you have a doctor or someone you meet regularly who can help you? Maybe a guidance counselor? It helped me so much when I started going to a therapist. I only went a few months and she showed me how to get through the day without being so stressed around people. I would suggest it to you, otherwise you'll have a hard time making it through the school year. :(

I'm one of those people to scared to see a shrink. I don't know them. ._. What if they just put things in my head?