By germophobe - 02/09/2014 01:53 - Canada - Calgary

Today, my roommate came back from camping. My toothbrush magically reappeared as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 721
You deserved it 3 342

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ah, but the real concern here is this: if the roommate took the toothbrush camping, then maybe he was under the impression it was actually his own. In which case, the roommate could have been using OP's toothbrush for a long time...

That's one of my fears, people using my toothbrush, I just can't stand that thought. Get a new one and no harm done.

Comments

Time to keep all your stuff in your room with a locked door.

Pee on it and let them keep it. :) No I'm totally kidding! Kind of.

rebeccamatthews 1

I feel for you, OP. My roomate did the same to me when she went out of town to visit her family in Northern Alberta almost a year ago. According to someone on my facebook, it's perfectly acceptable that your roommate took your toothbrush because your roommate is a special and unique snowflake, and you can just buy a new one.

BDA_fml 5

Tell them that your glad its back because that is the one you use to clean the toilet with.

Maybe you are confused and it is their toothbrush?

trublgrl 3

I rarely would suggest this, but these are special circumstances: GO ABSOLUTLELY APESHIT OVER THIS! There is no way that a person uses another person's toothbrush, unless they have absolutely no sense of personal boundaries. You can't teach a person boundaries, and you can't teach a person hygiene, that was supposed to be instilled at a young age. The only way you can change this behavior is by inciting the fear reflex. Ergo: apeshit emotional explosion. Make him so afraid of the blow up that he never does it again.