By Anonymous - 23/03/2013 00:34 - United States

Today, my psycho abstinence-only sex ed teacher claimed condoms give 50% protection at most against pregnancy. I couldn't help but correct her. She apologized for her "mistake", saying, "It's just that we're not ALL sluts, Kara." Now everyone thinks I'm a raging whore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 325
You deserved it 6 843

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow. Report her. Not only is she teaching incorrect information, but she's calling a student a ****. Get her a$$ fired!

chelsearenaeee 16

Your teacher sounds like a 40 year old ignorant virgin.

Comments

You did the right thing, understand that. I don't care what your views are, the science and numbers are conclusive, abstinence only doesn't work, ignorance only breeds more ignorance and you can't think keeping kids in the dark will really help them.

I would be getting her fired for that. Totally inappropriate, and anyone who thinks you're a ***** for having fairly basic knowledge about safe sex is probably an idiot. Even if you really were a *****, at least you'd be being a smart *****.

ZombieKitteh 8

No ******' way. A teacher said that to a student in the middle of class? lucky she didn't get her ******' eyes clawed out.

Knowing about safe sex does not make you a ****. It makes you ******* smart.

Religious nuts don't believe in science or science-related inventions, so they're reduced to spreading lies.

She may not have been religious, just judgmental.

Isa_fml 20

Report that shit. She should be fired. NOW.

If this was in college defaming a student would be ok, but bc shes a minor its not...sigh. Anyways who r all these ppl going YDI? What she deserves it bc she knows how to read?

If I was in college and a prof said something like this to me I would ask for a refund of my tuition. I'm not paying them hundreds of dollars to be a snarky bitch and teach false information.

DancinL 14

Embrace the **** rep, like Emma Stone did in Easy A ;).

Because that would totally help OP's now-defamed rep and self-esteem. So how about no?

**** that bitch up with real facts and statistics from reputable, peer-reviewed sources. If she absolutely will not bend after being presented with legitimate facts, report her to administration. She's not doing her job. "I don't have to be a ***** to do research on condoms."

The teacher should be reported whether or not she bends to facts (not that OP should be have to provide or research them). First, she is clearly either ignorant or deliberately misinformative about the subject she's supposed to be teaching. Second, she insulted a student. OP is only in her class to correct her this time around; the administration needs to know what she's doing to protect future students from her, too.