Teach what you know

By E…… - 24/11/2022 17:00 - United States

Today, I found out my sex-ed teacher from high school was married and had her first child while she herself was still in high school. Looks like she didn't pay enough attention in sex-ed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 391
You deserved it 744

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Vesi 29

Sounds like the kind of teacher that did not want to see another generation have to make the same choices she had to make as a teenager. If she is truly teaching you how to prevent pregnancy other than abstinence, then she's an excellent teacher. if she's teaching abstinence, then that is definitely a fail.

Wadlaen 23

Passing on a hard learned lesson?

Comments

Wadlaen 23

Passing on a hard learned lesson?

If her teaching is about, “I ****** up; learn from it the easy way,” cram it and learn and therefore YDI. If her teaching is about, “Have a bunch of kids while you’re a teenager; I did it and it’s what God wants,” feel free to do something more productive than pay attention to her, like ask O Mighty Google for information, and also, FYL.

Vesi 29

Sounds like the kind of teacher that did not want to see another generation have to make the same choices she had to make as a teenager. If she is truly teaching you how to prevent pregnancy other than abstinence, then she's an excellent teacher. if she's teaching abstinence, then that is definitely a fail.

A cautionary tale often has more effect than a role model.

There’s a very good chance that when your teacher was your age, “sex ed” was “periods exist and don’t have sex until you’re married or you will die”. She learned the hard way and she’s (presumably) trying to teach you better than she was taught. What is the shame in that?

She might not have even HAD sex ed. Often times sex ed is abstinence only and doesn't actually teach you about STDs or birth control, and is proven to fail. She made a hard life for herself, either through lack of knowledge or carelessness, and she wanted to save other kids from that fate

or she learned through experience, and wanted to make sure more education was given to prevent that particular situation.