By fuckmeitsgettingworse - 24/02/2014 19:36 - United Kingdom - Derby

Today, my pregnant wife's parents called me at work, saying she'd been crying inconsolably and wouldn't say what was wrong. After pleading with my boss, I rushed home. Turns out there was an "ugly" sofa in a TV ad and she felt it was "picking on ugly sofas". FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 476
You deserved it 4 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kitcatjb 12

...before calling it "ugly" maybe she should think about the couch's feelings.

Hormones of pregnant women: A formidable source of FMLs since the beginning of FML!

Comments

Hormones of pregnant women: A formidable source of FMLs since the beginning of FML!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Fun fact of the day: pregnant women's hormone levels are 1000x that of women who are not pregnant.

@54- i think her parents were with her at the time, which is why they knew she eas crying and called OP.

kitcatjb 12

...before calling it "ugly" maybe she should think about the couch's feelings.

threer 30

No, it's like the "before" and "after" label. So it's labeled "ugly" and "new", "fashionable" or something.

Lol, that icon with that comment. Beautiful.

OP, tell your wife about that couch that one guy on FML had sex with. Let us know her reaction to that :)

Because Morgan Freman is your profile pic this is funny

I think the way the Op wrote this FML would indicate that the advertisment called the couch ugly, and the pregnant wife was crying about the couches hurt feelings. I don't think you understood the FML #2.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
shaww 28

At least she didn't cry because the couch wasn't living up to its destiny of being a couch...

That couch had hopes and dreams... Dreams of weary bottoms.

#15: Only avid FML readers will get that!

Aww, her hormones are just playing with her feelings. Best of luck to you and congrats on her pregnancy! :)

buttcramp 21

yeah y'all are totally right! women can't really control the hormones and how it makes them act but hopefully she will apologize and laugh about it later. also, don't hold it against her, OP cause she'll be embarrassed enough after the fact. I did some silly things like this when I was expecting too! I'm sure all moms have lol

ZY1431 24

at least she didn't try to buy it out of pity.

juturnaamo 29

I can see why she didn't want to tell her parents why she was crying.

Oh no! More like she couldn't tell them amidst all the crying! She thought it was pretty ******* sad! Obviously it wasn't ridiculous for her!

Good luck explaining that to your boss when you get back to work.

Better off just saying, "I can't talk about it. It's really really REALLY super personal. Woman stuff, you know." And if he's a man you'll get the added bonus of making him uncomfortable with the term, "Woman stuff."

olpally 32

Yeah, deal with it op. Until that baby comes out, not much you can do.

Except keep plenty of chocolate ice cream and pickles on hand (or whatever she's craving any given moment!)

Congrats on the pregnancy. It'll be worth it when the baby arrives. Endure. :) good luck