By Bestbirthday - 12/07/2016 01:04 - United States - Bastrop

Today, my parents were supposed to take me out to eat for my birthday, but since their favorite child wasn't with us, I instead got a mini order of tots from Sonic as my birthday meal/present. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 179
You deserved it 850

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not so happy birthday? Happy Birthday OP, I hope that at least the tots were better than your day was!

mrswombat 16

Happy birthday, birthday twin! :) Don't feel too bad. My dad totally forgot it was mine and felt horrible when my mom had to call and remind him!

Comments

My parents got me a toothpick for my birthday a couple years ago..

At least you got something. Two birthdays in a row my dad cancelled my birthday and only on one of those did I get food. But it was left overs from my brother's meal at Denny's.

Hey at least you have a sonic near you, all I've got is Wendy's, Taco Bell, McDanks, and BK

I would've just gone out and spent their money like water! Anyway, happy birthday, OP! Hope all your birthdays only get better from here :)

How would you get their money from them?

Not even a good ole fashion Texas barbeque...

RedCronos 17

The less you expect, the less disappointed you'll be.

4everBroken 13

I've had birthdays like that.

Parents like that don't deserve to be parents. You can't just selectively parent. I'm a twin, so I know what it feels like to be suspicious that mom and dad have a fav (and it isn't you). I find the act of having a 'favorite' child complete bullying and worthy of being labeled as a type of mental/emotional abuse. Parents like that make me sick. If you choose to have a child, you choose, and you're stuck with what you get. If I were you I would cut them away completely and tell them I'd come back when their morals do. Happy birthday OP. If you want to talk you can PM me.

Hey OP. Try not to feel too bad about your gift and birthday and not being the favorite. Now you have a year to make plans for your next birthday and try to save money throughout the year in case you want to go out with friends. If your family doesn't celebrate your birthday, you can celebrate yourself along with friends and maybe other family members.

And a reminder to OP and everyone else here who has a Denny's restaurant nearby. When it's your birthday and your family and friends forgot or didn't make plans to celebrate with you, go to a Denny's restaurant with a non expired I.D. and tell them it's your birthday and you get a free breakfast meal.(I live in the U.S. I hope they offer something similar in other countries)