By kingdomgirl94 - 17/05/2016 00:02 - Canada - Peterborough

Today, my new upstairs neighbours sent away a package, telling the delivery guy that the person doesn't live there anymore. The package is a birthday present from my mother in-law, and it's been sent back twice now, even after talking to them and leaving a letter for them with my name on it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 032
You deserved it 865

kingdomgirl94 tells us more.

kingdomgirl94 29

Hey everyone, Op here. I live in the basement apartment, with a side door entrance. The problem is that my side door opens directly into an alley, so all packages and mail are brought to the front door. If I knew who was delivering it, it wouldn't be an issue, but it's direct order from build-a-bear (I was finally told what it was after the second time it got sent back) and we don't know who they're using to deliver. I wish that it was going back to my mother in law, but what's even worse is that it keeps getting sent back to the build-a-bear thing in Ohio (I'm in Ontario). The delivery company, thinking that the recipient has moved, doesn't even hold the package or leave a note for pickup, they immediately send it back. I don't think the new neighbours are even doing it to be malicious, I think they're just dumb. It's like six guys just out of residence (this is a university town, I'm a student too) and everytime I've spoken to them I get a deer-in-headlights look. Either way it's super annoying. I really like the suggestion of leaving a note telling the delivery guy that the upstairs neighbours are idiots and that I do in fact live there. Really made me laugh! Here's hoping I get it soon!

Top comments

So basically your neighbors are assholes

Can you not pick it up at the post office?

Comments

did your mother-in-law put the wrong adress? If so why not just call her and ask her to change the adress next time she sends the package back?

kingdomgirl94 29

Hey everyone, Op here. I live in the basement apartment, with a side door entrance. The problem is that my side door opens directly into an alley, so all packages and mail are brought to the front door. If I knew who was delivering it, it wouldn't be an issue, but it's direct order from build-a-bear (I was finally told what it was after the second time it got sent back) and we don't know who they're using to deliver. I wish that it was going back to my mother in law, but what's even worse is that it keeps getting sent back to the build-a-bear thing in Ohio (I'm in Ontario). The delivery company, thinking that the recipient has moved, doesn't even hold the package or leave a note for pickup, they immediately send it back. I don't think the new neighbours are even doing it to be malicious, I think they're just dumb. It's like six guys just out of residence (this is a university town, I'm a student too) and everytime I've spoken to them I get a deer-in-headlights look. Either way it's super annoying. I really like the suggestion of leaving a note telling the delivery guy that the upstairs neighbours are idiots and that I do in fact live there. Really made me laugh! Here's hoping I get it soon!

I wish you best of luck getting this situation and future mailing mishaps corrected.

Honestly it doesn't matter if they really are dumb, they're still assholes for immediately assuming without checking first before sending the package away.

Hope you get your package soon! Update us if it works out or not.

kingdomgirl94 29

Managed to get the package at last. My mother in law got a tracking number and we hung around all day once it said "out for delivery" and intercepted the package at the door directly. Finally got Pikachu!

The build-a-bear Pikachu is so cute and cuddly! I hope your enjoying it :D

FedEx will also ship it to a local center for pickup.

Change the shipping address to the post office. Problem solved!

kingdomgirl94 29

Can you do that? I'll look into it! Thanks for the suggestion.

mariri9206 32

OP, you can do that. All your mail will be sent to the address you set it to. My family and I did it when we moved across the country - had it rerouted from my old address to my new address. However, is Build-A-Bear sending it USPS, UPS, FedEx? Cause you'll need to get the right one before doing so. UPS/FedEx have an option for them to hold it at a location and then you pick it up. USPS = or your local mail delivery system.

It's a free service Canada Post offers. Basically, you get a unique PO Box number and the local post office (usually in a London Drugs or Shoppers Drug Mart) holds onto the package and sends you an email to pick it up. They're even able to sign for packages. I've been using the service for over a year and it's great!

middlenamefrank 8

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
mariri9206 32

Read the follow-up. They're not using them as a "package collection service" - OP lives in a basement apartment with the entrance to it in the back. OP doesn't decide which door the packages go to - the person delivering it does and most go to the front door.

maybe you should think about getting yourself a po box

peterj96 11

The packages usually get held in the storage room and they put a slip of paper in your po box that you turn over to get your package

Maybe get a PO box? That way you won't have to deal with your idiot neighbours any more.

Why would your neighbour do that? did you have an argument or something?

They clearly dont want to take it for you. Just schedule it for a time you'll be there or pick it up from the post office / depot where it's at.

A package from your mother in law? Maybe it's a good thing you aren't getting it?

blackrose1996 11