Brain worms

By JaneSimple - 16/08/2020 14:02

Today, my fiancé forgot my birthday. I did however remember to tell him we were sending his mother flowers, for her birthday, which falls a week after mine. We've been together 10 years. I sent her flowers on my birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 440
You deserved it 211

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fiancé for 10 years? A forgotten birthday is the least of your worries. What about the forgotten wedding ring?

smartjaguargurl 17

Together for 10 years doesn’t mean engaged for 10 years

Comments

Fiancé for 10 years? A forgotten birthday is the least of your worries. What about the forgotten wedding ring?

smartjaguargurl 17

Together for 10 years doesn’t mean engaged for 10 years

True, but I have to guess they've been (air quotes)engaged(air unquotes) for more than two or three of those years. He's just stalling for time.

Here is a worse one, Richard. One of my brother's has been engaged for 22yrs (together 24). They have a house, kids, RV, car and pets together. He did give the perfect answer when she asked him one time when I was over at their house when they were going to get married. He said "I don't want to get tied down" 😂😂😂😂

We were together for ten years before he proposed with a very nice ring on Christmas. We already own a home together, we just weren't in a huge rush. He did make up for the forgotten birthday, but I was SO MAD.

bloopaloop 27

Seriously, shit or get off the pot.

I don’t particularly want to get married so I wouldn’t be worried about being with someone that long without getting married. I do want to at least be proposed to one day to know that someone would like to take that step with me but don’t necessarily need to get married.

Ehh.. has he ever forgotten it before? Honestly, with Covid and days feeling like they melt together depending on people's situations, don't worry about it. And honestly, if it means that much to you for someone to wish you happy birthday, remind them subtlety a week before or something. Especially if they're prone to forgetting. I've been married almost 11 years and I really don't give a shit if my husband remembers or not. Every day is a blast with him and the kids! Shit happens and people forget or mess up. I guarantee your day isn't destroyed because he forgot, go out and have dinner or something! :)

I hope you stopped bailing him out. Hold him accountable, let him face his consequences, let go of all that emotional labour.