By kingdomgirl94 - 17/05/2016 00:02 - Canada - Peterborough

Today, my new upstairs neighbours sent away a package, telling the delivery guy that the person doesn't live there anymore. The package is a birthday present from my mother in-law, and it's been sent back twice now, even after talking to them and leaving a letter for them with my name on it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 032
You deserved it 865

kingdomgirl94 tells us more.

kingdomgirl94 29

Hey everyone, Op here. I live in the basement apartment, with a side door entrance. The problem is that my side door opens directly into an alley, so all packages and mail are brought to the front door. If I knew who was delivering it, it wouldn't be an issue, but it's direct order from build-a-bear (I was finally told what it was after the second time it got sent back) and we don't know who they're using to deliver. I wish that it was going back to my mother in law, but what's even worse is that it keeps getting sent back to the build-a-bear thing in Ohio (I'm in Ontario). The delivery company, thinking that the recipient has moved, doesn't even hold the package or leave a note for pickup, they immediately send it back. I don't think the new neighbours are even doing it to be malicious, I think they're just dumb. It's like six guys just out of residence (this is a university town, I'm a student too) and everytime I've spoken to them I get a deer-in-headlights look. Either way it's super annoying. I really like the suggestion of leaving a note telling the delivery guy that the upstairs neighbours are idiots and that I do in fact live there. Really made me laugh! Here's hoping I get it soon!

Top comments

So basically your neighbors are assholes

Can you not pick it up at the post office?

Comments

Maybe call shipping company and have them hold it at local office instead of delivering to your door? it's a bit inconvenient as you'll have to go pick it up, but you'll stand a better chance of receiving it. And, it will give you a chance to complain to shipping company about the service as well explain about your clueless neighbors.

Uh. Build a bear for a college student? That's kinda strange

peterj96 11

Because you know there's no college students with kids out there.

kingdomgirl94 29

Valid point about the possibility of having a kid, but I'm actually just a big kid/nerd who really wanted the limited edition Pikachu with charizard hoodie and special edition card.

I'm a 21 yr old college student and I got a build a bear for Christmas. I've never had anything from build a bear before, my husband knew and he wanted to do something special for me. So it's not weird, maybe the person just knew what op would like best and got it. Everyone is different.

peterj96 11

When you order your receipt or something on the site should say who they use to deliver... Wait did you say build a bear? That's gangster. Real talk build a bear throws back.

Either get a po box, or put up a sign that says (your name) is in basement apartment.