By Stheno - 16/09/2013 12:49 - United Kingdom - Bristol

Today, my mum got engaged to her American pen-pal, who is in prison over there for murder. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 708
You deserved it 3 635

Stheno tells us more.

Sorry it took so long to write back I didn't know my FML got posted :) Now to explain a little. It turns out his trail wasn't fair and the reason he was found guilty was because his cell mate made a deal to get out of being sentenced if he lied about my step father admitting to murdering someone. His da also turned out to be an alcoholic. There is no evidence connecting my step father of the murder and now we're working on getting him released :)

Top comments

Sir_ND_Pity 35

He must be a killer romantic. No? I'll show myself out.

Disgusting how some women go for murderers. Or rapists. These women are twisted inside.

Comments

PillowTums 1

Is she a baker named Elaine Figgis?

perdix 29

We don't need to be so judgmental. It was probably justifiable homicide. What if he caught some dude brushing his penis with his toothbrush? That apparently happens all the time.

Just because someone's in prison for murder doesn't mean they committed murder. In my location, at least, people are regularly released (at least six in the past six years) because the evidence just doesn't hold up under closer scrutiny and appeal. The local constabulary has thrown so many innocents in jail that they're shadowed by another police force when they do homicide cases. Just sayin'

Just because the evidence doesn't hold up doesn't mean they didn't commit the crime either. Just sayin'' :P But you're right-- it's better to let a guilty man free (and cross your fingers he doesn't repeat the crime) than imprison an innocent one. Innocent until proven guilty, right?

When you have multiple cases of DNA exonerating people who have been convicted of murder in a city of less than two hundred thousand people it becomes kind of clear that there is something wrong with your local justice system. Just sayin'

Unionbay47 10

Say hello to your new daddy ! He's only been to prison for killing people. No worries thoug.

That's a new one...well it's an overseas relationship and depending on how long he is in for it will probably end...

if he's in for murder then he won't be out anytime soon.

Oh, no, no. This is a common-language barrier issue. You see, in the US, "prison" means "a really great place spiritually," and "murder" means "giving charity to orphans."

Lets pray he has life. And you'll never see him

your going to have to watch out for her I have worked in a prison almost for the last ten years and I can't tell you how many time I've those scum bags do that to people just to get some one to send them money I am not exaggerating it happens on a daily basis

is his name William Speer in Texas? if so, I read a news article about that.