By crazyparents - 10/11/2010 07:12 - Australia

Today, my mother keyed my car because I wouldn't invite her into my home and get her a cup of tea, so she could continue screaming that she was going to kill me while I tried to feed my 4 month old daughter. The last time I got her a cup of tea she threw it in my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 529
You deserved it 3 323

howtragic tells us more.

I am 24 years old and have been married for 4 years, own my own home etc. I went to private schools and uni, all the "good family" crap. But in reality, my mother is just off the rails, and my father is just as bad. She's always been like this, and it was ok when it was just me she was trying to hurt me but its gone beyond that now. Calling it quits and keeping well away from her. And she dosn't take sugar.

Top comments

your mother needs help. mental hospital help.

crazy much....I think you should give her a sippy cup, plastic keys, and a nice padded room. I would definitely be pissed and she would be on her way to shady pines nursing home for an extended "vacation"

Comments

kick her ass seabass don't take that ish. 

Your mum is not well. Any attempt on your part to pass it off is a dis-service. Get her help and if she won't consent to it, press charges on her for assault and vandalism. Maybe the court will order her care or you could make that a condition of a civil suit. FYL, OP. Keep trying to be a good daughter.

ulicksam 0

There's more to the story than this. Because you're afraid to put it out there, you probably deserve it.

ulicksam 0

No, the story just doesn't make sense the way it is.

Sure it does, "Everything was peachy, until my mother decided that the tea I make is terrible, and is now devoting every waking moment of the rest of her life to make sure I suffer for serving her such inadequate tea. FML"

It's called "having an abusive family." This example is worse than my experience, but unspeakable drama happens without rational cause. -Someone who's been there

Rape victims are often too ashamed to go to the police. Little kids think they've done something to earn getting thrown against a wall or burned with cigarettes, so they hide it and lie. But hey, if they don't tell a "whole story" that sounds "reasonable", they probably deserved it too, eh?

She, your mom, is in dire need of help, and/or AA-assistance. A police call might start a good thing in the end. This was one of the first FML I actually felt sorry for. I wish you good luck.

I would go with iced tea next time, left on the porch, in a plastic cup...

While mom is crazy it sounds like it's out of disapproval of her having the baby. Not sure if anyone thought of that.

RedPillSucks 31

You may be right, but I'm not sure that disapproving of the baby would justify that amount of crazy.