By Anonymous - 25/06/2019 22:14

Today, my mother-in-law told me to "just wait" until she gets home from her trip, because apparently, taking a vacation with her partner is more important than the birth of her first grandchild. Contractions started a few hours ago. Part of me hopes she misses it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 177
You deserved it 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AddictgirL 7

tbh I hope she missed it please update it!

"You won't believe this, but I actually managed to resist giving birth!" "That's incredible! So when are you due this time?" "I'm kidding, you dozy old fossil. The baby's in its crib. And it's been a week."

Comments

AddictgirL 7

tbh I hope she missed it please update it!

Don't you know, you can just put your legs together and baby will stay in.

It would be sad if she didn't miss it. Please follow up!

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31

well is she said 'just wait' then she does obviously care about the baby, juds not you

"You won't believe this, but I actually managed to resist giving birth!" "That's incredible! So when are you due this time?" "I'm kidding, you dozy old fossil. The baby's in its crib. And it's been a week."

Miss Beep 14

I feel this. I just had my boy May 30th, had to be induced starting on the 29th, I called my mom to let her know and she got mad telling me that she had too much stuff to do... it hurts, I understand but you need to make sure you and your baby are happy. Screw everyone else ❤

Nhayaa 21

There's nothing to miss really... I mean, that's part of life, you don't get to decide when you give birth or when you die. People won't stop doing things because there's a risk they won't be around when it happens. Your kid will still be there when she gets back.

I mean she sounds quite delusional for telling you to "wait", but also, why would your MIL be there in the first place. Focus on you and your husband and delivering a healthy baby, everyone else can and will still be excited for you when it's born. To be fair, not every person has to lose their entire shit over a baby, doesn't mean they're not generally happy about it.

f she grumbles about missing it, sweetly tell her with her shitty attitude that's isn't the only thing about her grandchild she'll be missing.

okay but to be fair, she. ould be overseas, had already paid for a planned round trip and paid for hotels etc. We have been planning for the last 7 months for our trip to Hawaii. round trip flights, cruise, and everything paid for. maybe she cannot physically be there like you want her to and she cannot help it or else she would. I don't know the whole story but by her saying "try to wait" sounds like she does truly want to be there.