By Anonymous - 12/06/2013 02:12 - United States

Today, my mother came into my workplace to wail on me for "ruining our family's reputation" because I got a girl pregnant. I've been married to the "girl" for 8 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 241
You deserved it 3 316

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Congrats OP! Shame your mother can't be happy for you though, she should be excited to be a grandma!

Comments

Seems like there is a lot of crazy mums out there today. Do you have a 21 year old sister about to move out by any chance?

Your mother doesn't seem to like your wife. So typical.

Surely by the time the baby arrives she will be the doting grandmother? It's quite funny, my son's paternal grandmother was so disappointed when her son announced I was pregnant, and now she absolutely adores her grandson and loves telling me how to raise him!

Presumably exactly the opposite of the way that you are raising him, perhaps?

UnluckyGenius 21

Dumbass mother of the year award goes to... No but seriously congrats OP!

Brightbulb 39

Congratulations OP on your new baby! She may be someone to keep out of the baby shower though, she might kill the mood of the party.

I think this is one of those special occasions you're allowed to tell your mother to get bent (most likely said in a worse way than my kind input). Congratulations on being a father OP!

That's a bit off...unless you have a look alike...