Resentful

By Anonymous - 20/01/2016 12:30 - United States - Redding

Today, 9 years on, my dad still hates my husband for "ruining" my life by getting me pregnant in my late 20s. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 045
You deserved it 1 566

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think he's just trying to find an excuse to hate on your husband. A lot of dads get emotional when their little girls are taken by a man

That sucks. Stand up to your dad and just say "deal with it. It's my life, not yours."

Comments

no not irelivent if he had her in his late 20s then he should not be mad

@21 I guess I can see where you're coming from, but whether or not OP's dad had her when he was in his 20s... he still has absolutely no reason to be mad about his married adult daughter having a child; he should be a proud grandfather! So anyway, yeah, #1 was still kind of irrelevant.

That sucks. Stand up to your dad and just say "deal with it. It's my life, not yours."

I think he's just trying to find an excuse to hate on your husband. A lot of dads get emotional when their little girls are taken by a man

He's probably the type of dad who didn't want his daughter to even start dating until she was thirty.

My dad was very overprotective too when my sister got married. The best thing to do is to show him you're an adult and can make you're own decisions.

Hopefully your kid isn't aware that you "ruined your life", by your dad's standards.

He's probably still having trouble accepting you aren't his little girl anymore. Perhaps you should have a chat with him.

And at what age did he ruin your mothers life?

Seriously. Being in your late 20's is a perfectly normal age to have kids. When was he expecting you to have them?

countryb_cth 38

Probably never since clearly the thought of his married adult daughter having sex is too much for him.

dman798 18

Some people can just hold a useless grudge forever

So am I to assume he hates his grandchild? Jesus that's ridiculous.