By Anonymous - 14/04/2015 07:21 - United Kingdom - Nottingham

Today, my husband of 3 weeks told me he doesn't want to be married anymore because I suggested getting a joint bank account. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 813
You deserved it 4 436

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ADBurns 22

I bet you didn't 'bank' on that when you said "I Do"...

It might be time to talk to him if it's a trust issue . . . Sorry OP

Comments

It might be time to talk to him if it's a trust issue . . . Sorry OP

Dillyduzit 23

I personally think the time to talk about that would've been when they got engaged!

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

makes me wonder if he has expenses he doesn't want op to know about..

#15, valid point. It's probably a good idea to know your partner a little better prior to engagement haha

#82 there are people extremely adverse to jiont bankaccounts due to the fact, that they had their money taken by a previous partner, through a joint bank account, or witness someonr go through it. He could be hiding something, but thats slim chance.

SweetIam 12

Sorry op! Too bad you weren't able to figure out that he wasn't serious about "being joined" before you got married.

ADBurns 22

I bet you didn't 'bank' on that when you said "I Do"...

Chase1289 12

Stop try to steal his money and you wouldn't have this problem

JuliaaNoelle 26

So just because a woman wants to get a joint bank account with her HUSBAND means she's a gold digger, and she's trying to steal all of his money?

I like how you're so sure of yourself, 5. However, I doubt that is the case.

Try talking to him, he may have an understandable reason.

He doesn't seem to like commitment... good thing you two got married :/

Redoxx_fml 22

Isn't that the opposite of good ?

@#77 That, my friend, is called sarcasm.

Steve95401 49

Did he come into the marriage with a lot more money than you? That might be a reason for not wanting to combine funds.

Even if that was the case, it's still not a valid reason.

Then it's a simple issue: each of you keep your separate accounts. Create a new, joint account. Each of you can then put funds into this new, shared account from your separate accounts. This would be a first step to letting him - both of you - feel comfortable with having a joint account.

gintwinsmoore 20

great idea #23...I'd do that.

that's what my wife and I did. it works just fine and nobody had to put all of their money up for grabs.

#23. So many people do that when they move in together and it's a great idea, each deposits enough for the bills and groceries while keeping money in their own accounts as well and it's saved a lot of couples from fights about money

That's what my parents have done, although my dad only adds money when it's needed, and they very rarely use it. If there was money in there all the time, my mum would spend it all.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
bleedingglitter 24

Clearly he is having second doubts about such a bug commitment. Some people just have trouble with change.