By Anonymous - 30/10/2009 12:05 - United States

Today, my mom tells my sister that she is worried about her because she has a headache and feels like she might be getting a slight cold. I have had the flu for two weeks and have a 103 degree fever. I ask, "What about me?" Her response? "Stay away from your sister." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 267
You deserved it 2 920

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cough all over your moms toothbrush, silverware, clothes, anything she comes in close contact to.

jts2 3

Bit of an inconsiderate mother. But you might wanna consider the fact that since you've had it for two weeks, she's a little worried your sister will too.

Comments

jts2 3

Bit of an inconsiderate mother. But you might wanna consider the fact that since you've had it for two weeks, she's a little worried your sister will too.

americayay 0

Exactly. OP is not the center of the universe and her mom probably just doesn't want her sister to get sick as well. I doubt OP has been denied any and all pampering in 2 weeks, especially when she's so willing to pipe up with, "WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEE!?!?!?"

HahaYDI 0

Hahaha. For some reason that had me cracking up.

Cough all over your moms toothbrush, silverware, clothes, anything she comes in close contact to.

Reyo 2

Yes. This. Doing it in full view of yourt mother is also acceptable. MAke sure you "accidentally" do it when she's watching though.

weavermycutecat 0
youthink_fml 0

Don't be the ass that rockstar wants you to be. And stay away from your sister. She doesn't need your flu. And stop thinking you're the center of every conversation.

You are the black sheep, just accept it. And buy a little suit.

At first I read "and buy a little ****" O.o

it's called the youngest child syndrome.

Or older child syndrome... depending on the parents.

Not really an FML, unless your mum hadn't cared at all while you've been sick. There's no reason why your mum can't be worried about your sister as well, and telling you to stay away from her while you're obviously sick and your sister seems like she's coming down with something is just common sense.

BTW, the flu only lasts a week with high temps. At least the Swine flu does (that's the only one that causes a fever for a full 7 days). Also, if you had a high fever like that for that long, you would not be alive without someone constantly hydrating you. That's one of the biggest reason people die, dehydration. Stop overreacting and being melodramatic and whiny.