By knews - 18/03/2010 04:46 - United States

Today, my mom sent me beautiful candlesticks along with some half burned candles. I thanked her. She told me the candlesticks were a wedding gift to my grandmother 85 years ago. Then she said the candles were used at my grandma's wedding. I had already lit them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 404
You deserved it 8 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh wah. Blow out the flame and quit yo' bitching.

infest0125 0

Youd think shed tell you that before....

Comments

duckie227 22

Then get off FML and blow them out!!!

Cammie505 0

you guys ANYTHING can be sentimental, yes #19 even a toilet as long as it has a touching memory, these are calles "momentos"

idk, I think "had already lit them" could certainly mean she lit them until they were gone.

she shouldve told you that to start with! fyl!

You can't keep these things forever. Appreciate them while you have it, keep it in your memory when you don't. All things end, but the physical ending comes much faster than the mental one. Suck it up, and it matters to you, you wouldn't appreciate it any less.

Ha this is my mom! There was no card, she loves candles and lights them whenever she can, her mom didn't call til later, the candles were already burned down when she did call, and the candles were lit at her grandma's wedding and that's why they were burnt a bit.

I think as long as you didn't burn them right down to nothing, it's fine. And everyone here seems to not understand semtimental value... I have kept the most random-ass things out of sentimental value! an empty box, a broken piece of jewlery, a dead flower from someone else's graduation...it isn't the thing so much as what the thing means.