By knews - 18/03/2010 04:46 - United States

Today, my mom sent me beautiful candlesticks along with some half burned candles. I thanked her. She told me the candlesticks were a wedding gift to my grandmother 85 years ago. Then she said the candles were used at my grandma's wedding. I had already lit them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 404
You deserved it 8 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh wah. Blow out the flame and quit yo' bitching.

infest0125 0

Youd think shed tell you that before....

Comments

Giorgio272 2

I agree with midget here. blow them out and move on with your life. NEXT FML!

..so? what are you meant to do with candles?eat them?

I don't think it's her moms fault. if my mom sent me 1/2 burned candles, I'd probably call to find out why.

I don't see how these candles could have such a sentimental value, after all OP doesn't even remember her grandma using them or something...anyway she still has the candlesticks.

Clearly the OP was at her grandmothers wedding 85 years ago. Reading comprehension is lost amongst the people who visit this website.

Ultimate_Cynic 0

OP already lit them? Oh no! If only there were some way to extinguish a candle after it's been lit....but, sadly, as we all know, oxygen has absolutely no effect on whether or not fire will burn. Oh well!

That to me sounds like the best use of them. I would feel incredibly honored if I was given candles from my greatgrandparents wedding. It would be a wonderful way for them to be with us even though they are no longer with us.

Yeahhh. Personally, if I were going to take the sentimental route, I'd probably be like, "Omg I'm burning the same candles my grandma burned at her wedding... *happy tear*" But then maybe it's just people around here who do that "lighting a candle in someone's honor" thing...

I don't get why her gran never used the candles again. I would probably be happy to get a nice candlestick as a memoir, but the whole 'I bet my grandkids will love inheriting half-burned candles' scenarion just doesn't rub with me. Hey ho, personal tastes I suppose. I hope my mum never comes across this, cause I'm sure as hell going to sell the 'family books' (ie, priceless first editions of books noone in my family has been remotely interested in actually reading for at least three generations) when she dies.