By knews - 18/03/2010 04:46 - United States

Today, my mom sent me beautiful candlesticks along with some half burned candles. I thanked her. She told me the candlesticks were a wedding gift to my grandmother 85 years ago. Then she said the candles were used at my grandma's wedding. I had already lit them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 404
You deserved it 8 206

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh wah. Blow out the flame and quit yo' bitching.

infest0125 0

Youd think shed tell you that before....

Comments

if she had time to blow them out, then it's not an fml. I guess that's why I assume she burned them up. she doesn't really have enough room to add that. fmls should be a little longer!

I agree with midgetmonster.....it had probably burnt out.

Wouldn't she have said "I had already used them" instead of "lit them"?

wait, so what? they didn't blow up or anything, did they? what's the problem?

so people expect you to keep half burned candles around in a box the rest of your life instead of actually using them? Hoarding?

Keeping around a few things isn't so bad. Her grandmother is obviously dead (I mean, wedding 85 years ago..so yeah, dead) and that is a memento from her wedding day. I can see WHY she and her mum would want to keep them. And to everyone saying she can just blow them out..uhhh, ever consider it's too late? My mum and I play lots of phone tag before we finally actually speak..usually about 2 days after the initial, "Hey, calling in to check up, call me back." message.

lol @ #2 this are nawt an fml this are a giant throbbing penis that was just shoved down everyones throat here :(

perdix 29

Half-burnt wedding candles? Big deal! If the candles were made from Grandma's fat. . . Now, you'd be talking creepy and disturbing!

If you can't have the smell of grandma's cookies in the house you might as well smell her bacon frying.

purplemnm 9

I hate people who have to light every candle they see, alot of candles are just for decoration. But then again, candles make a retarded family heirloom.

I have a strong dislike of people who put things that have a purpose on display and never use them. I have a few collectible dolls that my parents never even let me take out of the box, and I was young enough when I got them that I didn't understand why I couldn't play with my pretty new Barbie. Candles are meant to be lit. They're made of wax, they have a wick, they smell nice... it's ridiculous to just leave them sitting around and never light them.

I agree with you, your_face. Although I have one candle that I don't lit because it's shaped like a man and the wick is on his head and it would feel weird to melt his head. But I still plan on using it eventually.

I probably would have, in the hope of burning the entire candle before my grandmother came to visit.

I don't know if we are, but 85-year-olds are hardly ever open-minded, no matter where you live!

purplemnm 9

i meant like some people think they HAVE to light the candle the very second they see one, it's annoying, just let it sit and be decorative for a little while.

I have a candle made in the shape of an elephant. I will never light it. EVER. and I display it. 

Itstopsecret 0

So just put them out and thats it...

bittersweet_by_n 0

...we need to go on a search and rescue for the actual fml here...*checks kitchen sink* (after all, I am a woman)

cookies_for_you 0

Candles are just sticks of wax, no big deal. This is in no way an FML. The holders are sentimental, yes, but sticks of wax are in NO way sentimental items.

some candles are more than mere wax, some are a work of art. and my g. grandmother had a pair of very pretty candles blessed by the pope. I have them ---won't light them though, too afraid of demonic plagues coming out of them er