By Anonymous - 23/09/2012 17:28 - Hungary - Budapest

Today, my mom heard on TV that teens need at least ten hours of sleep a day. Now she makes me go to bed at 7pm. I told her I can't finish my homework in time, and my grades will suffer. She wouldn't listen. Last week, she threatened to punish me if I don't get straight As this semester. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 777
You deserved it 1 981

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why does she think you need to be up at 5?

Tell her she can get one or the other from you. Straight A's or straight Z's, not both.

Comments

youaint 2

You should tell her that if she had done her homework then maybe she wouldn't believe every stupid thing she hears on television! She probably watches FOX News too!

So u sleep 10 hours, go to school seven, spend probably two hours on homework, and have five hours to do shit.

That's funny, I get 4 hours of sleep per night and feel great.

PhishloverA 14

Where did she hear teens need 10 hours of sleep a night a doctor's version of the national enquirer? That is so bogus. Try doing a lot of homework in school or see if you can stay after and do it before leaving. I hope you aren't at least 18 because then you shouldn't listen to her crap

hannnahmarie 14

You'll thank her later for the extra sleep. I love going to bed early, cause then I'm not tired at school

That's crazy. Parents will be parents. I'm a College student and usually only get 6 hours of sleep and I'm passing all my classes with As. Good luck op.

Geez. OP's mom isnlike mine, she reads the newspaper an believes EVERYTHING, from "earrings reduce the amount you grow" to "drinking 5 cups of green tea helps you lose weight", or some shit like that. Good luck OP.

Well it's completely true that teenagers need more sleep than adults, that's just how they function. However, they're also programmed to go to sleep and wake up later so going to bed earlier will do you no good. If we actually worked with teenager's body clocks the school day would start a lot later and we'd all get a lie in...however, we don't so I guess there's no point trying to change it now, unless your mum doesn't mind you skipping morning classes.

However, following your natural sleep cycle also means you'll wake up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night (humans are supposed to have two short sleeps not one long one) so if you really want to follow it then do your homework then?

Stop being a bitch and tell her to go **** herself.