By Anonymous - 23/09/2012 17:28 - Hungary - Budapest

Today, my mom heard on TV that teens need at least ten hours of sleep a day. Now she makes me go to bed at 7pm. I told her I can't finish my homework in time, and my grades will suffer. She wouldn't listen. Last week, she threatened to punish me if I don't get straight As this semester. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 777
You deserved it 1 981

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why does she think you need to be up at 5?

Tell her she can get one or the other from you. Straight A's or straight Z's, not both.

Comments

jem970 19

Tell her to stop believing everything she sees on TV. You are in high school. You are old enough to set how many hours of sleep you need. I was up doing homework till 3 in the morning if I needed to. I wanted my good grades that bad. Take charge of your sleep schedule OP.

perdix 29

Make sure she gets the news that daily orgasms are good for your health. Surely, she'll hire hookers for you or at least buy you some masturbational aids. She really needs to keep up on all the health knowledge that is being disseminated these days.

KingCeltic77 18

My dad is just like that. He makes go to bed so early. And when I would wake up at 6 and feel tired, he would say its because I went to bed too late. I mean who wakes up refreshed at 6 o'clock. And he expects me to get good grades and be a tri season athlete.

KingCeltic77 18

I mean to say I feel for you bro.

FarscapeSDC 9

Your mother seems to be listening to so idiots. In high school, I got about 6 or 7 hours of sleep a night and ended up surpassing most of the class.

When I was in my teens I used to sleep 10pm-6am alot and was pretty much constantly tired until about lunch time just not much of a morning person I guess, though my parents would of never been able to make me go to bed at 7pm lol

keven501 12

Do it at night after you "got to sleep" this is what I do

Sucks. Don't go to bed, just shut off your light and do homework under your covers until she falls asleep. Or follow my lead and wake up at 5 am and just do work then.

You get up at 5 am? Because 7pm - 7am is 12 hours.

It's not that strange, I have to be up at 4:30

My bus comes before 7... who gets up at 7 to go to school?

You should use a webpage editor and make it say "in fact adults need more sleep then teens" and make it say they need like 11 hours of sleep.

Ten hours of sleep a day sounds wonderful. it might seem a little excessive to you now, but when you get older, you'll be grateful to know that you were once fully rested.