By Anonymous - 15/12/2013 21:48 - Croatia - Rijeka

Today, my mom got pissed off at my doctor and called him a quack. She did this because he reassured her that I don't show any signs of the mental retardation that she's convinced herself I must have. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 766
You deserved it 3 289

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your mom sounds like a case looking to happen. Possibly should get her checked out!!!

SystemofaBlink41 27

Damn! Ignorant bitch? That jumping to conclu-- ....Yeah, she probably is.

Comments

Just because you eat paint chips doesn't mean you're mentally retarded...

Sounds like my mom.. If I were you, I'd save all the money I could, so when I turned 18 I could move out immediately.

martin8337 35

Some folks have to always be right, despite proving otherwise.

No one is (don't like to say the word) but I will say stupid. Everyone is human and everybody is different and learns differently.

SarahBearah1995 11

To associate the term mental retardation with the word "stupid" is more offensive. People can be retarded. Those would be people who have mental retardation, which is an actual diagnosable disease. People who are mentally retarded are not necessarily stupid, just slow, hence the word "retard", which literally means slow. Society has perverted the word retard. The word itself is not harmful, but it should only be used in reference to the disease, not a stupid person.

I'm so sorry, OP. I went through the same thing with my mother. Get out quickly. Love and light!

Is your mother a bit off? Take an IQ test then you can prove you are not retarded...

Maybe your mum needs some attention and instead of looking at herself and dealing with her problem she is wanting to push her anger on to you, and your doctor, and maybe some other innocent members of the public.

Is this due to you not agreeing with her on a matter that is something that has been a firm belief for her all her life, to the point she is unable to admit the possibility it is not 100% true and the only truth in the matter? Faith related or something of the same sort of life defining devotion? Because I can see how that would be how she would try to rationalize your not believing the 'truth' if that's the case.

He's implying OP is an atheist. Don't see why though.

Female, actually, and no, there's a number of things I was thinking about. It could be a disagreement about homosexuality, or abortion, or stem cell research, or the Pope, or any number of opinions that may have a faith based reason to uphold. And I'm not sympathizing with the mother here, I'm trying to figure her logic.

Maybe she wants your sanity out the door first, And THEN she'll confess that she lost hers

At least she didn't call him a duck. God knows what would have happened then..