By Sady_Ct - 16/06/2016 11:01 - Australia - Geelong

Today, I was once again called a "selfish bitch" because I don't want kids, even though I can't provide for them mentally, emotionally, physically or financially. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 418
You deserved it 1 692

Sady_Ct tells us more.

Sady_Ct 37

Hey guys, OP here... Wow! My first FML posted. To explain the situation, I was talking with my mum about how I'm unable to have kids due to physical issues with my body, my spine etc, all of which contribute to my financial and mental/emotional state. When some psycho storms up to me in the food court and screamed at me. What I actually do is help build the education funds for my nieces for when they grow up. Thanks for the support for everyone who understands... I get it on a weekly basis from everyone, including my partners family, and really gets under the skin. My father told me on his birthday at the start of the month that if I'm not pregnant by the end of the year he doesn't want to see me any more.. It's hard and it hurts, but i would never put a child of mine through what I went through. Thanks again for all your support! ^_^

Top comments

Yes, because refusing to put kids in a position that is detrimental to their mental, emotional, and physical health is such a selfish thing. Or refusing to add more kids to the already overpopulated planetary population. You aren't selfish, and they're idiots.

It's no one's business if you don't want to have children, and your father is a callous idiot for giving you that ultimatum. Besides, you're doing a noble act by placing funds for your nieces' futures. Keep doing what you're doing, OP. Don't let people try to shame you into something you'll regret.

Comments

Perhaps those people who called you that are the real selfish bitches here.

Yes, because refusing to put kids in a position that is detrimental to their mental, emotional, and physical health is such a selfish thing. Or refusing to add more kids to the already overpopulated planetary population. You aren't selfish, and they're idiots.

"Hey you are unable to provide for kids, really selfish." Great logic there. I wish more people would be responsible enough to know they are unfit to be parents.

Yep, nothing could be more selfish than not building more of yourself. On an unrelated note, would anybody be willing to help me replace the fuse in my irony detector?

I'll help you as soon as I make some mini-me's, can't be going around living selfishly now can I!

You know your limits and abilities Disregard those that no not of what they speak of

The fact that you know that of yourself shows more maturity and self-awareness than any of those people will ever know. Don't let the haters get you down.

Rawrshi 25

I'm with you, OP. I would not be able to support a child in any way and have chosen to refrain from having them myself. You know yourself better than they do and if you feel it's the right choice then you're making the right decision for yourself. Your health is more important than someone else's awful opinion. :)

I'm right there with you OP. When the time is right the time is right. To hell with anyone who says otherwise. Do you!

Wow, must be an only child to get that level of insult. Sorry OP, doing what's best for you while also being considerate of your unborn children is all we could hope tp ask for.

ollygollymolly 6

I have 5 siblings and hear this at least twice a week

atomicxsarah 17

I feel the same way although I've never been called a selfish bitch yet but people look at me weird when I tell them I don't want kids.