By WTFruits - 29/05/2013 18:29 - Canada - Kitchener

Today, my math teacher raged at a student for eating an apple in class. As he yelled at the student, he slapped the apple out of his hand and right into my face. Everyone laughed, including the teacher. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 504
You deserved it 3 842

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't know about Canada but I know here that could very well cost you your job.

Comments

How the fk is this an fml? I swear its human nature to laugh at sht like that

YeaSo3 14

I couldn't rate because I would have laughed too!

drayloon 50

An apple a day doesn't keep the doctor away when you take it to the face. It often does the opposite

You should've faked getting knocked out, teach them to laugh and also gets the boy in even more trouble

That's when you take out the cellphone and record some video as leverage. ************ I want an a in this class.

The teacher was out of his line. He should apologize immediately instead of laughing like an idiot.(i guess it's a he)

oh, it's indeed a he. Didn't notice that.

Aregonde 15

I've never understood banning food in class, let alone between classes. As long as the food isn't noisy, smelly, messy, or keeping the kid from participating in class activities, snacking as needed should be WELCOMED. Hunger is far more distracting and prohibitive of learning than anything else. Food fuels concentration, mental function and energy, and for most kids, having a rushed lunch at 10:AM and then pretty much fasting until they're done with extracurricular activities for the evening (and then probably doing homework during dinner, or having dinner on-the-go) doesn't even come close to cutting it. Adults keep going into hysterics about how terrible kids' eating habits are, and then they dare to blame a lack of money being spent on "nutrition education" (i.e. fat-shaming, scare-mongering and eating-disorder-triggering). Um, how about it's impossible to learn to be a competent eater when you're forced to ignore your body's signals day after day and follow a restrictive eating schedule that has nothing to do with your body's needs?

It's tempting to just allow food everywhere, but what about kids with allergies? What do we do about them? There's the option of only allowing certain foods, but then that has to be closely monitored to make sure there's no peanut, milk, eggs, shellfish, other nuts, etc. brought into the classrooms. That monitoring has to be done incredibly closely to keep restricted foods out. This would be done by the teachers, who are already busy enough. The school districts would have to pay for a program like that, for special training and for possible higher salaries for teachers who have to deal with those duties. That money would either come out of another program's already stretched budget, or from higher taxes, which would just make people complain more. The whole "fasting until they're done with extracurricular activities for the evening" part of it appears to be misunderstood. As a high school student myself, I know of not a single high school that doesn't allow students some way of eating after school. One solution to the hunger during the school day is snack time, but then either students must bring their own snacks (which would bring back the allergen issue, as well as the problem of students who can't afford it in their homes) or the school would have to provide snacks (similar to school breakfast or lunch). This seems like a good idea, until we look at the money side of it: parents with high enough incomes must then pay an additional fee each day to feed their children (maybe $0.50 a day, which doesn't seem like much until you multiply it out: over a school year, that's $90). Parents who can't afford it, and are on government Free or Reduced Lunch, would have to be given free or reduced snacks. It's kinda the law. If the government were to sponsor snack time, it would cost so much more than now. This would have to be made up for with tax increases, which would make everyone hate the new system, and we'd be right back where we are now. tl;dr: Every system has downfalls; we just need to find the one with the least.