By wtf - 01/05/2015 22:57 - United States - Elkhart

Today, my husband wants me to apologize for getting angry when his father told me I'm getting so fat that I look like a whale. I'm not fat, I'm just 8 months pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 232
You deserved it 3 194

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You will loose the baby weight, he will always be a ********.

mattmsk005 8

Did your husband not talk to his father in the last 8 months, because being pregnant is a pretty big thing you usually bring up in conversation?

Comments

You don't owe your father in law an apologize. He is the one that should be apologizing to you.

NyehNyahNioh 14

Oh my god, the last couple of months were so terrible when I was pregnant with my son. I used to hear fat jokes from everyone ( I don't understand why people think that's ok) and people think we overreact when we get upset because of hormones. The joys of pregnancy.

Yeah, it puzzles me as to why people make fat jokes when someone's clearly pregnant. Either they're idiots who don't know how pregnancy works or they just like to poke fun. Either way, they suck big time. Becoming a new parent should be an amazing time, not a time to be belittled

Ted_brosby 4

He was obviously joking. Obviously. This isn't an FML

ItsAnanya 25

Maybe the father in law was making a joke? I've heard of people teasing pregnant women about their baby fat but I guess his was just in bad taste. don't get angry at your husband now, OP. congratulations on the pregnancy!

"Obviously you don't know how pregnancy works."

Tell your husband he can go suck a ****, because he's on the couch until he drops that demand. If he doesn't respect you enough to understand why you're upset, then he needs to be put in line just like his father.

Even if you had a BMI of freaking 100 that would still be rude as heck.

The thing is, even if it was a joke, you shouldn't have to apologize for being rationally angry. Reading the other comments, I get that it was probably just a funny, but you shouldn't feel bad for getting mad! And your husband shouldn't be telling you how to react. But congrats on the pregnancy, OP. Please follow up on this! Congrats once again :) :) :)