By themonesterman - 03/04/2014 02:25 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, my grandmother is coming over to my family's house to stay for about a week or so. Apparently, the guest room window isn't big enough for her dream catcher, so she wants her cat to sleep in the guest room and she wants to sleep in my room. My parents support this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 508
You deserved it 3 865

themonesterman tells us more.

Update: The point of thr FML was not to complain about giving my room for my grandma, but it was to complain about: A) Her reasoning for not taking the guest room. B) The cat.

Top comments

kingdomgirl94 29

Speaking as someone who has just been meowed at for the better part of an hour because kitty was bored while I was getting ready for school: **** the stupid cat, take the bed. (don't literally **** the cat though)

Comments

Giving up your room for your grandma is reasonable under basically any circumstances. But not being able to use a whole empty bed because of a cat...not so much.

It's just a few days of inconvenience. I would find somewhere else to sleep and sit tight for the ride.

This could be op's chance to grab every pillow and cushion around and make a pillow fort to sleep in

WHERE ARE YOU GONNA SLEEP. SCREW THE CAT

RedPillSucks 31

I don't think OP is into ***********.

bluestripedsockm 14

Of course your parents would support this, they aren't the ones losing a bed. Giving up your bed for an older relative is understandable, especially if your mattress is better for their old bones. The cat is a different story. Put the cat in their room and take the guest room. It's only a week yeah?

bluestripedsockm 14

*and by "their" I mean the parents' room. Who knows, the cat could get lonely and make its way back to grandma's room to sleep there.

Maybe you should hint to your grandma that your parents bed is far more comfy, when she decides that she will sleep there instead, hopefully your parents will clue into the fact that your grandmas demands are unreasonable and they are being idiots

blurider17 11

Couches are kinda comfortable? A week ain't so bad man!

martin8337 35

Tell Nana to put her damn cat in a kennel for the week. I wouldn't want a destructive animal in my house.

How do you know the cat is destructive?

martin8337 35

Most cars are just look at the furniture, and they usually track shit in their paws from the shit box that they use.

I didn't realize that cars look at furniture. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

MidnightMusic53 37

The only reason a cat would be tracking poop through the house would be if you didn't get off your lazy ass and clean the litter box. The litter is there to prevent them from tracking poo through the house, and most cats are very neat when using their bathroom. You have to clean up their mess, just like any other pet. As for the furniture, as long as they have a scratching post, most of them won't scratch it up. However, any animal can ruin the furniture, including children. If you're going to hate an animal, at least get your facts right so you can make a valid argument. Come back when you've got a real argument.