By Anonymous - 10/09/2014 03:16 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my girlfriend went shopping at Victoria's Secret with me. While she was in the fitting room, her parents walked by and saw me. They don't approve of the store, so I panicked and told them I was considering becoming a woman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 605
You deserved it 14 089

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Out of all the things you could've said, that's probably the most fabulous! I hope they took it as a joke OP, that's hilarious :-)

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
xxBFMVAAMIWxx 18

Um, yes she is. It was her parents... Read the FML

It was his girlfriend's parents, and he said they didn't approve of the store.

obviously this guy has never had a girlfriend. im sure if her parents caught the couple having sex, he wouldnt be able to say "i was just being a nice guy and making her feel good" and it be a legitimate excuse

mmaalouf97 12

You should've went inside the fitting room with her. That's what I did

Most every Victoria's Secret has a store policy forbidding that.

hmrhoades 18

I thought OP was a girl at first because it says the girlfriend was shopping there "with me". That made me think OP was going to Victoria's Secret and the gf was tagging along. O_o

I assumed it was a guy, but I questioned why he would be shopping there because of how he worded it.

Haha of all the possible excuses you went with that one, good call

Well don't leave us hanging, how'd that go over?

"They don't approve of the store"--It's nice, comfortable bras/underwear. What, are they against undergarments?

I could be completely wrong but we just got it in the UK and it just seems kinda trashy? The shows that seem more like a softcore strip club than a live catalogue...girls wearing completely impractical outfits and being overly cutesy like those late night phone line adverts...the barely legal Justin Bieber oggling girls...just seems like the shows are aimed more at guys than girls. Also, the bras are not actually that amazing and therefore seem overpriced - I'd pay that much or more for a good bra but VS ones don't seem like they're worth that much. I'm sure I'll get waaaay thumbed down, but that's just the perspective of someone who doesn't know it that well. So maybe that's their view too? Also I LOVE nice lingerie, it's almost an obsession, so it's not like I'm a prude...but I probably wouldn't shop at VS.

They probably just don't approve of the marketing. I've seen their commercials; if anything, you'd think Victoria's Secret was marketing toward men, not women. It's like the Hardee's commercials where supermodels are eating their burgers through a wide-angle lens; they have a particular demographic in mind.

Victoria's Secret lingerie is the kind you get for taking off with a partner later. The stuff is cute but crap. There are only standard size bras, no custom ones, and badly designed for women above D cup. VS gave me a 34-C...I am a 30-DD. It's a rare size and only a few lines make them. VS would never, ever. Ladies, if you want a proper bra that feels amazing and has good engineering go to a proper boutique where you get a consultant with a professional bra expert. They carry a lot of different ranges and lines. Not really THAT much more expensive than a trip to VS since you're bound to be sucked into buying overpriced pajamas and perfume and shit too.

knoxxx 22

Yeah not all of victoria's secret is just lingerie "for taking off". I buy all my bras and underwear from there because a) they offer measured fittings either over or under the bra in the dressing room (whichever you're more comfortable with) b) for people who have size D and under, their undergarments are amazingly comfortable and relatively affordable (you pay a bit more than you would at the department store but the bras last for years and I've never had to throw out a pair of their underwear). And if you're banning your kids from shopping at a place because they use sex and sexuality to advertise, you might as well force them to farm their own food and sew their own clothes, most companies are the same.

if they don't approve of the store then there in for a rude awaking when they figure out she was shopping there.

paramor3 23

That's the first excuse that came out?! I think helping your Dad shop for you Mom would have even been better than that awkwardness lol....

Because that wouldn't have been weird at all to people who already hate the store.