By uggg - 23/01/2015 18:09 - United States - Seattle

Today, my girlfriend told me that her fear of PDA has gotten so bad, she doesn't think she'll even be able to kiss me on our wedding day. Her parents are going be there and she can't imagine showing affection in front of other people, let alone her parents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 615
You deserved it 3 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's tough. There's nothing wrong with her, she's just very insecure. Either she'll get over it or feel EXTREMELY guilty /: Hopefully her opinion changes as you help her pick up her self esteem

Comments

There is something wrong with your relationship.

Start getting her used to it .. Small pecks on her hand here and there and work your way up from there till ya get her to kiss you in public

I don't see anything really wrong with her. She's just very private about her affections and there's nothing wrong with that. In my culture, it's very common for PDA to have a certain taboo in people's minds. We just believe that kissing and those types of Inge should be done behind closed doors. (I'm from Bangladesh, by the way.) But that doesn't make the relationship worse and nobody has anxiety, as some people might think. For those saying she needs help, I think you might be overreacting a bit. As long as you know she loves you and you her, that's all that really matters. Just because something like PDA might be a norm to some people doesn't mean people uncomfortable with it need anxiety meds or therapy. Now if she gets panic attacks or passes out when you touch her in public, there might be something wrong there.

I felt the exact same way... Then i grew up and none ***** were giving on PDA on my wedding day! :)

I would be interested to hear from someone why they actually have a fear of PDA. In my mind Societys that frown upon PDA or where it is a taboo are weird, because its one of the most normal things to show affection to another person. OPs wife should get help IF she has a problem with her fear of PDA. If not its fine. But i think she should at least find out why she actually has that fear.

For a second there, I thought you had a fear of personal devices...

kellilynn 18

Maybe there's something else going on. Have a serious chat with her before the wedding day. Good luck.