By larSON5 - 15/08/2012 16:17 - Canada - Edmonton

Today, my girlfriend started a huge fight with me over how I don't have the right to have close female friends anymore. She ended up storming off, and won't return my calls. But no worries: she did just play the word "murder" in our game of Words With Friends. Very comforting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 419
You deserved it 3 777

larSON5 tells us more.

larSON5 1

No none. The boring fact is they're just friends, we have a coffee after work now and then, and sometimes go to the bars for a few drinks. My girlfriend usually comes along, but when she doesn't because she's busy, and I still go anyway, it's like WW2.

Top comments

I recommend that you sleep with mace in your hand and a bat under your bed.

Comments

Dump the ************ and run. Quickly.

They're all psycho. Remember, if if flies, floats or f*#%s it's cheaper to rent.

nightowl713 25

As a general rule my husband and I have mutual friends, both male and female. We hang out with said friends together 90% of the time, but on occasion one of us has work or something else to do. That one simple rule in itself takes care of a lot of unnecessary drama, because we know, love, and trust each of our shared friends. However, there are a few exceptions to this, I have two guy friends, whom I've been close with since grade school, and he has one girl he has the same history with. They do not share the same social circle as our other group of friends, but we hang out with them when the opportunity presents itself. But the other is ALWAYS invited to come along, and I honestly prefer to spend my time with my friends AND husband. I however would not be ok with him making friends with new girls and hanging out with them alone. Regardless of what is happening, it looks bad. So OP, if your girlfriend is that uncomfortable with you being close friends with girls, just include her. Let her hangout with you and the girls. She will be able to see your, (as you have led me to believe) harmless, relationship with them, and be more comfortable in the future.

I've actually tried that, and had no luck with it. I'm not hanging with the guys alone; sometimes there are girls there too, but as I don't have a lot of female friends myself sometimes it's just a couple of guy friends. I've invited him out many times but he won't go, yet he's intensely worried about what I might be doing. I've done nothing to make him feel that way so he's just incredibly insecure about my male friends. What's my point? There's no way I'm the only girl in this type of situation. So what you said makes sense in theory, but it won't always work. It'd be nice if it did but that's just not reality.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

She sounds like she has trust issues.

I've seen things like this all the time (Men telling their girlfriends to not have guy friend, and vise versa). It mostly means they are cheating and trying to not get caught by accusing whoever they are with of cheating by hanging out with friends of opposite gender.

Dude break up with her! You should have the right to have as many close female friends as you want. Your girl should trust you and them enough.

TcheQ 12

If she gets superjealous over this now, imagine how possessive of you she's going to be if this relationship continues. You have a right to your own life, and if she doesn't respect that then she doesn't deserve to be your girlfriend.