By larSON5 - 15/08/2012 16:17 - Canada - Edmonton

Today, my girlfriend started a huge fight with me over how I don't have the right to have close female friends anymore. She ended up storming off, and won't return my calls. But no worries: she did just play the word "murder" in our game of Words With Friends. Very comforting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 419
You deserved it 3 777

larSON5 tells us more.

larSON5 1

No none. The boring fact is they're just friends, we have a coffee after work now and then, and sometimes go to the bars for a few drinks. My girlfriend usually comes along, but when she doesn't because she's busy, and I still go anyway, it's like WW2.

Top comments

I recommend that you sleep with mace in your hand and a bat under your bed.

Comments

I hope she doesn't have close male friends. That would make her a huge hypocrite. And yes, you DO have the right to have female friends. That should fall under the unalienable ones. You know: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

It was just that time of the month... Give it a week.

I hate when people blame periods for a woman acting bitchy. That's still no excuse to be a bitch.

If she's that immature/insecure, maybe it's time to move on.

Although it is a bit of an over reaction from her, depends on what you did to lose the 'right', if you cheated or something, then fair does to her but if you've not done anything, I agree with everyone on here, RUN

I'm curious to know if you have a romantic history with any of your friends.... I can understand your girlfriend not wanting you being close to exes. If you're still willing to work things out with her, you should definitely invite her to meet your female friends and include her every now and then when you hang out with them. If she sees there's nothing to worry about, it'll help her realize there's nothing going on between you and the girls, and hopefully give her peace of mind (:

larSON5 1

No none. The boring fact is they're just friends, we have a coffee after work now and then, and sometimes go to the bars for a few drinks. My girlfriend usually comes along, but when she doesn't because she's busy, and I still go anyway, it's like WW2.

Oh my, I hope she's good in bed then... That doesn't sound too healthy on her part :/

WWII? Who needs that? I wouldn't expect her to change. Good luck managing a graceful exit, OP

LittleGreenPaola 23

why do you make friends with girls? they're so boring, i've always been jealous of friendship between two guys! it seems so sincere and funny!

107 - Good point, but what if (and I'm not implying OP's situation is like this) the boyfriend or girlfriend doesn't drink? They can't be inhibited then (with the exception of drugs, but most people just do weed if anything) therefore if they're loyal, even if the other person starts hitting on them they'll shut it down before it progresses.

This, so much. Yea, your GF has trust/insecurity issues, but I have to admit I wouldn't be very comfortable in that situation either. I'm not fond of hanging out with women who're attracted to my guy, so perhaps try talking to her and see if there's someone in particular that bothers her?

bwah!?!?! How? My closest friends are women with the exception of my best friend I would have to cut off my entire social network based on that rule. Drinking with someone of the opposite gender doesn't mean you are going to have sex. Drinking lowers your inhibitions it does not take away your belief in what is right and wrong.

Get out now.. It only gets worse my man!

afallingstar 22

Just how close are your female friends? Does she have justification to feel jealous? My boyfriend is close friends with his ex but I don't worry because she's in PA and I'm in FL and I know where his heart is...

larSON5 1

If you lose trust in your boyfriend when a possible competitor's in the area, you need to rethink your relationship big time. Take it from me.

afallingstar 22

She's been here to visit him and I had no issue with it...I trust him...apparently op's girlfriend doesn't trust him