By ApparentlyIFail - 20/11/2009 09:30 - France

Today, my girlfriend of two years broke up with me so she could "let her life flow in the direction she wants." Apparently that includes smoking, stealing and making out with other girls at parties. The best part? She wants to get back together "after she matures and gets it out of her system." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 769
You deserved it 3 210

Same thing different taste

Top comments

popatia 0

LOL Do the same thing and see if she still wants you back :P

OP, I hope you didn't agree to patiently wait for her until "she matures"

Comments

Whooooooooo. If she's that immature, you don't need her. The hell does she get off assuming you're going to want her back when she comes crawling around, stinking of cigarettes (and possibly drugs) with a prostitute's face in her crotch and an arrest record for petty theft that's ten miles long??? Trust me, you're better off without her. Find someone worth your time and let this ***** go.

Erindub 0

Nah, F that. She sounds like a hassle.

My girl tried doin the exact same thing. I told her she will never deserve me. Lifelong regrets for her.

JourneyKnights 0

Absolutely, one hundred percent, without a doubt, do not get back with this individual.

OP Here. Yeah, it sucks. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do she wants "lots of time and space" and got mad at me yesterday because I was heartbroken and now isn't speaking to me at all until she cools down and clears her head apparently. And one of the main reasons she dumped me was so I couldn't get mad about the stuff she was doing. Oh yeah, and she lied to my face and hid her activities since July. Ughhh. Comments/thoughts/helpful suggestions?

Try to get over her. She obviously wants no part of a mature relationship, so your only options at this point are to either wallow in misery or to try and move past this as best you can. If she wants to ruin her body, her reputation, and her police record, she can do it without dragging you along behind her. Just cut off all ties with her for a while and think seriously about who and what you want in life. Then go out, be yourself, and find that person...because this..girl..obviously isn't anyone you need if she's going to drag you through her own shit and expect you to be there for her when she comes back to reality. If she still protests, tell her to go suck a fat one. You're not her bitch...she needs to stop treating you like one.

Let her go. If you somehow guilt her into staying with her, she'll still have those nagging "what-if-being-single-is-so-much-better" thoughts and it probably won't end well (read: cheating.) Also, make sure to let her know that you taking her back is not at sure thing... at all. Stress that. Otherwise you'll be pushed around indefinitely. She sounds immature. Even if you're heartbroken, you have to keep your self-respect and let her know you're not going to take emotional abuse.

Dude that sucks super bad. But seriously once you start to get some distance from the relationship then a lot of the time you finally become disillusioned and realize that hell you love her and all but that she isn't worth the time and effort

The solution is obvious: Bail on her. The alleys will take care of her.

um I am gonna go ahead and say something different from everyone else BUT I do think it is possible that she does need to get this shit out of her system, and see what she's missing when she's not with you, to be mature enough to fully appreciate you and stay fully loyal to you and enjoy your relationship and stuff, and that on some level she knows that. this is not to say that you should WAIT for her, by any means; you should assume that her present state is permanent, and move on with your life. you can't prevent yourself from living by dawdling in a hypothetical future which depends on a. someone else at all and b. especially someone else growing up. it really sucks but you've got to regard it as permanent. however if she does "get it out of her system" and stabilizes herself and realizes what she's missing with you, then if you really liked each other for two years i don't think it would be impossible, or even the worst idea in the world, to give it another shot. that is if you can find it in yourself to not be repulsed by the idea of her past debauchery. if you can't it would be torture. but do not by any means make decisions or live your life to work around this hypothetical. ****** bummer, dude.

I have PPL who think they have the right to just dump s.o and then go back like that never happened. just kick their ass

I was in this situation back in college except I was the girl. I broke up with a great guy to 'have some fun'. I was young and stupid. I always had in mind we would get together again in the future. After two years of this stupidness this great guy was shot and killed and now I just get to remember breaking his heart and of the time I could have spent with him instead of 'having fun' I got no lessons or advice for the OP or the Girlfriend, just wanted to share.

I didnt see your post above asking for suggestions sorry. In my situation I posted above my ex did wait for me, he was miserable and depressed most of those two years. I just have one comment and one suggestion. Your girlfriend might just be young and stupid like I was and there really isnt much that will fix that but time and life experiences. I suggest moving on and gain your own life experiences. It will be easier for you to spend as much time away from her as you can. Nothing now will make this work out so just enjoy your life as you can Time may make this better and someday you both may get past this but dont just wait until that happens.

tayzer_fml 0

Well, that's her decision. You should be glad she had the decency to at least dump you first. Grow up, learn to accept her chosen lifestyle, and find a new girlfriend. Problem solved.

Your getting permission to screw around with other women for awhile... how is this an FML?

"Life experiences" Uh huh. At least that one's out of your life.