By Anonymous - 20/01/2010 15:59 - United States

Today, I lost my job to a girl that graduated with the same bachelor's degree from the same college as me. She also got a master's in an unrelated field. I've been working there 7 months, and her master's in maths apparently makes her a better athletic trainer than me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 273
You deserved it 4 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

carrotpuke 0

She's probably hotter than you.

You're an idiot if you think your degree is the only thing that counts to qualify for a job.

Comments

carrotpuke 0

She's probably hotter than you.

Agreed. Or she has a much better personality.

cucuto89 0
Jokermon 0

No doubt about it, he did say the person in question is a she. Female attributes. Hello?!

that doesn't mean she's better it means she's more dedicated and she probably is better looking to

You're an idiot if you think your degree is the only thing that counts to qualify for a job.

YDI. Degrees and college time don't mean shit when getting or keeping a job.

that's why college graduates don't make more money than high school grads right?

If you don't know how to put your degrees to use or if you have no work experience, then no, no they don't. I work with plenty of college graduates that don't have social skills and the high school graduates that are smarter and more proactive and ambitious get paid just as much. Hell, there are plenty of college graduates that can't even get interviews because they don't know how to talk with people or fill out a friggin RESUME.

my father dropped out of high school. he now makes three times the salary of the average high school teacher, which requires at least two years of college or university. degrees are important in a lot of cases, but not all of them. you can make a lot of money sans degree if you find the right job and are good enough at it.

maplebaby - comparing your father's wage to a teacher's is plain ridiculous. I don't know of any country that actually pays teachers well. Just because people refuse to pay teachers reasonable amounts doesn't mean they somehow deserve less despite their degree.

Canada pays teachers fantastically. From the sounds of it, you don't 'know' the wages of teachers in any Country except the US.

No at all you stupid homosapien collee gives you cred

Your literally one of the stupidest people on the face of this earth. Get off the internet forever and get a life.

I doubt that, OP. It's more likely that it's just favoritism (i.e. they thought she was better looking, etc.).

RedTriceratops 0

It doesn't matter what the masters is in, it's the fact that she had the drive to get one when you didnt. They don't care that it's a masters in math, just that she has a masters.

WINNER, WINNER, WINNER! Employers are looking for people who are willing to go that extra mile, who have the drive, are trainable, and take the initiative. So, yes, your replacement is a better athletic trainer.

plutosaplanet 0

i dont know what you both got your bachelors in but look at it this way, she most likely has student loans to pay back for a masters in a field she cant get a job in.

so what? is she supposed to sympathize with the fact that the person who replaced her probably has a bigger debt? If I was in her position and my replacement was a single mom barely able to put food on the table for her 4 young children, I still wouldn't give a flying ****.

plutosaplanet 0

no. you missed the point completely. at least the OP didnt waste all that time and money to get a masters in an unrelated field. like i said, i am not sure what their undergrad was in (it could have been athletic training, it could have been underwater basket weaving) but the OP didnt waste additional time and money. it still sucks she lost her job. why dont you simma down.

ohhhhhhhhh ok ok ok, gotcha. lol i re-read your comment My apologies!

One of my best friends is attempting to get her masters in International Conflict Resolution. She's also been an assistant softball coach/recruiter at the college level for years. You can't base a person's experience on what their degree is in. You don't necessarily know what she was doing for work while going to school....

But doesn't the OP's job experience count for something as well 0.o? Unless the girl also has similar or more experience in that field too then well, too bad for the OP.

I wouldn't be surprised if she put herself through her masters by working as a trainer. So she may have years of experience while OP only has 7 months.

Actually, her master's in maths really makes her a better trainer. You know, ballistics, etc...