By fishtities - 13/08/2015 02:01

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me. I was depressed so I went to the only bar in town. When I asked for a drink, I found out she works there as the bartender. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 024
You deserved it 6 082

fishtities tells us more.

OP here. We had been together for over a year now. Turns out she had been cheating on me for a month and decided to brake things off with me. The reason I didnt know she was the bartender there was because she was recently hired and since I dont usually go there nor did she tell me, I didnt know.

Top comments

How did you not know your girlfriend was a bartender?

nitrog100 21

1. Not knowing where your girlfriend works is not a good sign. 2. As a lesbian in a town with only one bar, I'm guessing life is not going to be easy for you.

Comments

How did you not know your girlfriend was a bartender?

Well, no wonders she broke up with him..

I know of a few people who do bar tending on a casual basis but have a FT job, if people ask where they work/what they do they only ever mention their FT job. Like me recently, FT in Telecommunications but did IT contracting on the side for extra cash, when people asked me what I did I just told them Telecommunications, the IT was such a small component it wasn't worth mentioning.

#16, I understand what you mean.. however, one would think that it would be a bit different if you are in a relationship with someone ;)

Maybe they hadn't been dating long enough for the subject of work to come up? Maybe OP was trying to stay sober and her gf didn't want to mention working at a bar? Maybe OP's gf felt embarrassed about working at a bar? IDK that's my 3 guesses right there.

OP here. We had been together for over a year now. Turns out she had been cheating on me for a month and decided to brake things off with me. The reason I didnt know she was the bartender there was because she was recently hired and since I dont usually go there nor did she tell me, I didnt know.

Well, she should be embarrassed for cheating-- not you--breakups can be depressing. I'm sorry this happened to you and don't blame yourself, ever(it's easy to do so).

Dom_Olivares 12

Screw her, you'll find someone much better than her!

RenoTheRhino 30

That surely sucks. Feel better, OP...I mean, fishtities.......

Mortoli 30

just enjoy life op and if still upset pick up a girl at the bar she works at ;) lol

Drink up, enjoy yourself and show her what she's missing out on.

What she's missing out on isn't much by the sound of it. The OP didn't even know where her girlfriend worked, that's a pretty bad sign.

OP commented on the post, saying she didn't know where her girlfriend worked because she was a recent hire. In all fairness, the FMLs all say "today," but it is not always literal...

Where do you live that there's only one bar? Perhaps even more importantly how did you not know she was the bartender there?

Misskreher 30

I live in a small town of 2000 and we have only one bar

And in a small town with only one bar, surely everyone knows the bartender(s) there. Let alone if they're dating one of them...

I live in a town of 1300 and we have 8 bars.

Misskreher 30

#21 maybe he's never been to the bar? but I do agree that it's weird he didn't know she worked there

Mortoli 30

#44 must be an irish town lol

The first sign of a relationship doomed to fail is not knowing where your partner works.

The first sign of a relationship doomed to fail is not knowing where your partner works.

If you didn't know where she worked, you had it coming

So you actually never went to the bar before?

nitrog100 21

1. Not knowing where your girlfriend works is not a good sign. 2. As a lesbian in a town with only one bar, I'm guessing life is not going to be easy for you.

#30- we don't, but the thing up at the top that says OP is female seems to have caused a lot of people to assume for some reason. I know, it's weird.

Actually we know for a fact that OP is not a women. Since it is physically impossible for one person to be a plural.

36, are you sure? I know I and myself have some great conversations sometimes.