By fishtities - 13/08/2015 02:01

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me. I was depressed so I went to the only bar in town. When I asked for a drink, I found out she works there as the bartender. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 024
You deserved it 6 082

fishtities tells us more.

OP here. We had been together for over a year now. Turns out she had been cheating on me for a month and decided to brake things off with me. The reason I didnt know she was the bartender there was because she was recently hired and since I dont usually go there nor did she tell me, I didnt know.

Top comments

How did you not know your girlfriend was a bartender?

nitrog100 21

1. Not knowing where your girlfriend works is not a good sign. 2. As a lesbian in a town with only one bar, I'm guessing life is not going to be easy for you.

Comments

That really sucks. you had it coming since he didnt explained to you where he worked

And apparently also didn't explain that she was secretly a man.

Surprised OP? Give me the usual and we'll replay most of blue is the warmest colour!

you sure did not know her that long if you didn't know she is working there

Um how did you not know she worked there? That's stupid

you weren't depressed, you were sad,,

MzZombicidal 36

It's almost as if you can use the term "crippling SADNESS" to describe depression...

I wanna see a follow up on whether OP said anything to the ex or not

There is a follow up. Op commented on a comment from the earlier ones.

FalloutScrolls 25

Normally knowing where your boy/girlfriend works is one of the first things you find out when you start dating. Unless you two were only dating for a very short while, in which case I hardly see anything to truly be 'depressed' about.

It couldn't have been much of relationship if you didn't know where she worked or even what she did for a living. My advice, take a deep breath, order a drink, eat some clams and then move on with your life. Good luck!

Pinto_2015 9

Well, what drink did you order?