By ravlol - 25/11/2011 18:08 - United States

Today, my friends and I were going to do an ugly sweater photo shoot. When we met up, one of them was wearing a sweater I gave on her birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 430
You deserved it 10 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Who gave you the one you were wearing? This could be an unbroken chain of FMLs.

I think she's trying to tell you something..

Comments

Isn't it a given to not give sweaters as gifts? Of course to some extent.

tylermt1999 17

the best time to wear an ugly sweater Is all the time. one with a color that my friend gave me, that's the kind.

tylermt1999 17

the best time to wear an ugly sweater Is all the time. one with a color that my friend gave me, that's the kind.

TuteSweet 13
rainydayz133 6

Sorry that totally sucks, I once brought something for a friend and had to hear from another friend how she badmouthed the present, and then after confronting her, she told me to my face. If your friend didn't like the sweater she could've just said thank you and kept her thoughts to herself.

Reality_bites 14

True. However in some cases I think people receiving the gift should just very very nicely tell the person giving the present the truth, as if the OP thinks she likes the sweaters then the OP will keep buying them for her and then they will feel pressured to wear them even if they hate them. I think it depends on the present.

Reality_bites 14

In most cases, yes, I would agree with you that you should just say thankyou and keep thoughts to yourself. However in some cases I think you need to come clean as in the case of the sweater giving OP. If the OP thinks she likes the present, he will keep giving them that present and then the friend will feel pressured to wear them.

ShazzRandom 7

But then the receiver thinks they smell..