By Anonymous - 11/06/2013 03:23 - United States - Cleveland

Today, my friend told me he had just robbed a bank and needed a place to hide. Thinking he was joking, I let him in so we could hang out. 15 minutes later, the cops storm into my apartment. Now I'm an accomplice in a crime I thought was a joke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 774
You deserved it 17 562

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You are not an accomplice, and the police will surely figure that out. What you most definitely are, however, is a bad judge of character!

The jig is up. The news is out. They finally found you.

Comments

#1 - this is why FML gives you a few minutes to check and edit your comment.

ervington 8

I don't see the problem with that comment

I'm surprised OP didn't take any of the subtle hints that it was an actual robbery, you know, perhaps a gun, money, a mask, frantic panicking, sweating, accelerated heart rate and such... People usually aren't calm after committing a hefty sentencing crime.

The jig is up. The news is out. They finally found you.

rg350dx 29

This renegade didn't have it made and was retrieved for his bounty.

Never more to go astray. This will be the end today of the wanted man.

TayonaC 10

Damn your friend is an ass for hiding out at your place knowing you could also be held accountable. Good luck explaining that to the police. :/

SystemofaBlink41 27

Not necessarily... This sounds like something my friend would say jokingly.

Yes, but I don't believe your friend has robbed an actual bank when they say that.

51, the OP didn't know that their friend robbed a bank, man. People joke and say goofy things to each other all the time.That's why they thought it was a joke.

You are not an accomplice, and the police will surely figure that out. What you most definitely are, however, is a bad judge of character!

He didn't seem to have a bag of cash? Or maybe some kind of weapon? Your friend is a d-bag for doing that to you though.

Damn... That a may also be hard to prove that you had no idea.. Maybe they'll check phone records, etc.. Hopefully you'll be able to get out of this one.

I'm sure phone records would go well. Text from friend: "I robbed a bank, can I hide at your house :P" Text from OP: "Yeah, sure bud. I'm home."

DollyDope 17

Well you're obviously not on jail so it seems like things shall turn out okay for you. Just be more selective about the people you call friends

rg350dx 29

Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars..

They will find out you were not involved, but hopefully you will learn from your mistakes and not trust unworthy people.