By I did them anyway - 20/07/2015 22:01 - New Zealand

Today, my flatmate asked me to wash the large pile of dishes on the bench, and if I would start on cleaning the house which was a total mess. This would have been fine if I hadn't just walked in after being away for a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 029
You deserved it 2 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

serslybro 20

Sounds like someone thinks you're a maid service... I would put it all in his bed. Lol

You did them anyway? Why? It's your roommates trash and your roommates problem. Make your roommate do it on their own, because it's their problem.

Comments

lollypop30001 19

I would put all that trash and dishes in his bedroom,bed and car then I would kick his lazy ass to the curb! Stop cleaning out people messes.

Were the dishes all yours? YDI if they had been in the sink for a week. It was rude of him/her to bring up chores that way--as most likely the mess is not all yours and you had just arrived. The op didn't deserve it unless all of the mess was his/hers.

"Today, my flatmate asked me to wash the large pile of dishes on the bench" ? The bench..? Never heard that term used in regards to anything dishes would ever be placed on. Anyway, sounds like you should move out and find someone that's a decent enough human to clean after themselves. Unless of course, you left the dishes there for a week.

YDI for being a doormat. You are under NO obligation to clean up your flatmate's mess. You have a right to refuse. If they don't like it, you can either kick them out and find a new flatmate, or find a new place and flatmate and leave this one to live with their mess

I know your feeling OP. It was so nice to do the bins right after coming back from a 2 week trip while my flatmates sat on their arses all the tile.

GrapeJuice67 17

I know, its gross and nasty, but next time, don't do them. Just don't. If he doesn't like it, too bad. You're not there to take care of him and his dishes.

And I would ask my flatmate...If he could go **** himself?! I wouldn't tolerate that bullshit if I were you OP.

Wow you're a pussy OP... Tell your flatmate to do his or her own ******* dishes and clean up after themselves like a normal human being. Jesus.

tediruxe 13

I would've laughed and said nice try but I didn't make the mess then stuck to my room, take out and paper plates until they cleaned up.