By Anonymous - 18/10/2010 05:28 - United States

Today, my fiancé proposed to me. I was really excited until he asked, "Can we go halfsies on the ring?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 126
You deserved it 5 731

Lol_0127 tells us more.

I'm the OP. Let me clarify a few things. He's not suffering finacially. He makes $60,000 a year. I make $20,000. He bought a $3000 ring which was more than enough for me. It's beautiful. I don't want a massive rock. I don't spend all his money. I support myself. We live together. I pay half the rent

Top comments

Wow I am so dumb. When I first read this FML, I thought it meant to half the ring and have half each. I read 5 comments until I realized what it really meant. I am a total failure.

Comments

half of it. ClaranPM, with that kind of attitude, you'll never be married. Maybe you're not interested in marriage at all. I'm assuming you're a guy. Stuff like this matters to girls and girls want a man who gives a damn. You don't seem to care about anything.

Thank you #124 and #129. You understand the point I was trying to make.

I don't understand why people can't grasp this simple concept. OP's fiancé gave op a gift, and asked her to pay for half of it, It's as simple as that. It's really bad timing, and it's not how the gesture is done, traditionally one buys a ring and offers it to one's partner. If you had a birthday present and whoever gave it you says, oh btw, fancy going halfsies? You'd probably be a little confused, and probably offended. congrats OP on getting engaged =D best wishes.

so who gives a **** how much the ring costs

vadymgti08 0

haha wow...that's emberrasing.

demonlove 0

why are you complaining he proposed not many guys will commit at all these days so get over it and stop complaining at least he loves you damn

Yeah, he proposed. That's how he became my fiancé. I don't know what's confusing about that. Thank you to everyone that understands. To everyone that doesn't, I can't explain it any better or clearer. #135, that's very stereotypical. Not all women fit that stereotype. I certainally don't.

AG_Lining 0

Your fiance believes in gender equality!

AG_Lining 0

133 -I understand what you're saying but to me this is not the same as a birthday gift. A gift is a one-person thing...a proposal is asking a person to embark on life's journey together. Ill-timed? Maybe, but maybe he was nervous and thought it'd ease that.