By forgottendaughter - 17/01/2010 14:41 - South Africa

Today, my father asked me to never contact him again. The reason? His "new" family doesn't know I exist and explaining that he has a 28 year-old daughter to his wife and his other children would be "awkward". I have siblings that I will never meet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 893
You deserved it 2 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell him that he can't contact you either because it would be awkward explaining to your new dad.

Comments

My dad did the same thing. I've found his family and plan to talk to him. You should talk to his new wife and warn her height do the same thing. I'm sorry he did that to you, FYL.

Get pregnant tell them you're his daughter then claim the baby's his.

Contact his"new" family just to show him...

You should just show up at his house and tell his wife and kids that you're his daughter. Wait until he sees how akward that is.

SpookyDeeCat 0

I think you should just GO to his house when the family is home and walk in. OR, try this! Send a letter from a friends house or an address your father does not know of and address it to his wife. In the letter explain how who you are, what information your willing to give, and say that if he hides this from you, what else could he hide. Or you could do nothing and realize that if your father really LOVED you he'd find a way to explain you to his wife and kids. But IF he showed his love before and is cutting it off now, then bust his ass.

clearly you need to pretend to be his young girl-friend/mistress so he gets into extra trouble with the wifey.

Omg. That is horrible :(..... My dad still sends letters to my half sister/brother. They are about the same age. I've never had the chance to meet them, but somehow I think they wouldn't want to :/.

spanishflirt6509 0

Go to his new wife balling your eyes out and make your dad look like the ass he is. If she gas a heart she'll side with you. If not use the "if he did it to me he would do it to your kids" line. See what happens next.

fmlanonymous_00 0

Introduce yourself to his wife. Tell her that you're his daughter, that he's a cold-blooded creature who is capable of disowning his own daughter and that one day, if he finds a new lover, he would probably be equally capable of abandoning her and their children as well. Not exactly a new idea. With that said, don't do it unless you know you can live with it if you break a family (his wife and other children, after all, are not involved in what he did as far as I can tell). Some wives just don't take "hidden secret daughters who are not a product of their marriages" very well, you know. You can take your revenge or take the high road. Either way, for the rest of your life you don't have a father and you can choose to become a great parent unlike some assholes.