By forgottendaughter - 17/01/2010 14:41 - South Africa

Today, my father asked me to never contact him again. The reason? His "new" family doesn't know I exist and explaining that he has a 28 year-old daughter to his wife and his other children would be "awkward". I have siblings that I will never meet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 893
You deserved it 2 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell him that he can't contact you either because it would be awkward explaining to your new dad.

Comments

sounds like the premise to this past season's Dexter!.. but, if real, i feel very bad for you.

Perdix, never realised u were south african. Your comments crack me up.

if i was you i would go to where he lives on purpose.. show him.

andyjmck 0

I have an ex wife and a son, it;s difficult because she has remarried (luckily a nice guy) and lives about 600 miles away. All I can do is pay every month and pick him up on holidays (when it suits her). I feel sorry for the woman he married and the new kids! Hang tough. In my experience a lot of parents are not fit. And any kid who says he had his iPod confiscated does not know what I mean?

well found out where he lives and visit him. when they see you say im his other daughter xP

andyjmck 0

I think she should avoid hm like the plague. But her "siblings should get to meet her? Not for revenge, just because those other kids need to know they have family?

I'm with the crowd on this one. Call his wife, explain who you are, and invite her out for lunch to tell her all about dear old dad.

andyjmck 0

I think she should avoid hm like the plague. But her "siblings should get to meet her? Not for revenge (you are better than him), just because those other kids need to know they have family? And one day you guys might need each other? With a dad like that I give it good odds? Instead of confronting him, send him this whole link? http://www.fmylife.com/miscellaneous/7395726?af=-1263760440#commenter If he knows how to use a computer?