By snow - 22/09/2009 09:12 - Australia

Today, I found my biological father, who I have never met, on facebook and decided to message him. He blocked me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 825
You deserved it 6 782

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awww hun,don't worry ): Maybe he wasn't your father and was just creeped out at your message since it came from a stranger claiming to be his daughter. But if he was your father,then **** him,he's not worth you!

4th He is not your father. The man who raised you is. Better off without him in your life.

Comments

djqlue 0

First of all, how can you tell that the father who you have NEVER met is the guy you just facebooked. How many people have the same name/last name combo? I think you just wierded some random guy out by claiming he was your father. This story sounds strange boderline fake.

I found out about all my biological father's side of the family when they found me on FaceBook. I found about 10 cousins.

NotNegativeNews 0

Probably got the wrong guy. And even if it was the right guy, that was probably an unfair shock.

Either that or he just doesn't realize that this chick is his daughter. He might not know what her new last name is or what she looks like or anything. So how's he to know?

What the **** is "shoked"? OH! Did you mean "shocked"? And did you also mean to say "consider" instead of "concider"? And "seems" instead of "seams"?

geez you sound like my english teacher. Calm down.

hahahaha XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no idiot, the same thing happened to me. My dad left when I was 1 so Its a bit different but let's say he left before OP was born. That doesn't mean OP hasn't seen pictures

Awww hun,don't worry ): Maybe he wasn't your father and was just creeped out at your message since it came from a stranger claiming to be his daughter. But if he was your father,then **** him,he's not worth you!

lem0n_fml 0

But she didn't add him, she sent him a message and he went out of his way to not only ignore it but BLOCK her. If he isn't her a father, and simple "I think you've got the wrong person" would do nicely.

If you interpret #2 literally, I find its a bad idea to make love to your own father

Maybe hes never met you, or doesnt know you exist

4th He is not your father. The man who raised you is. Better off without him in your life.

How do you know that there is a man who raised the OP? You don't know why the biological father wasn't in the picture, either. Don't get all judgmental.

Well even if there wasn't a man that raised her, why would she want to know the man that had nothing to do with her this far in life? I mean, if she's never met him then he's just a stranger... I don't get how just because they have the same genes she needs him in her life. Just because you're related to someone doesn't make them family.... Families have love.

Yes, but there are a lot of kids who feel like something is missing when they haven't met a parent, or both parents, even when they are raised by two perfectly loving people. Ever heard of Darryl McDaniels from Run DMC? He was depressed half his life and didn't know why. A couple years later he found out that he was adopted. Once he had met his mother and found out a little bit of where he came from, he is a different man today. It doesn't always make sense. But sometimes, you just need to know....

It's true I'm adopted and I've met my biological mother but never my biological dad. And it just doesn't feel right not knowing...

Haha awww rejected :S Well you're probably better off without him.

You real father is whoever raised you, not the guy whose little swimmers made it to the egg. If he knew about you and blocked you, he's a jerk, if he didn't... try a less sudden approach next time maybe. ^^;

What did you expect? If you've never met him, it was probably a huge bomb to drop on him by just claiming to be his daughter and sending him a Facebook message. Another approach would have probably worked better.

That's true but maybe she was really excited! And that seemed the best way to reach him.

Just go on with your life, and hope that douche isn't genetic.