By anonymous - 31/10/2014 04:24 - United States - Rancho Cordova

Today, my ex-girlfriend started dating the guy she told me not to worry about when we dated. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 356
You deserved it 4 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

makes you wonder what she was up to while you guys were dating.

askullnamedbilly 33

Unless she started dating him immediately after you two broke up, it's not really any of your business. You're not with each other anymore and are both allowed to date whomever you want. If the timing isn't suspicious, there's no reason for you to assume that there was anything going on while you were dating.

Comments

And? She's your ex. You don't have any say in who she does or doesn't date.

Happened to me too, promising even if we broke up nothing would happen. Just need to feel sorry for their new partner!

meli1195 31

nobody can keep you from someone, especially not an ex who you have nothing to do with now. and making that kind of promise is pretty ridiculous

My ex did that. We were crazy about each other, talking about marriage etc, then he suddenly started mentioning this girl every 5 minutes. Told me not to worry, dumped me, was with her within weeks.

Meh been there done that got ice cream after. Was told not to worry about him so I ended up becoming friends with him. Then after our breakup he asked me for advice on how to get a girl he liked. I basically got my ex to like him without meaning to.

I_eat_hearts17 9

Damn. That's a low blow on his part but it's awesome you just shrugged it off!

You're not with her.. Does it matter?

This all really depends on the context. She could have been telling the truth, maybe she was attracted to him but loyal to you so knew it wasn't a problem while you were dating. I've been in a similar situation with my ex, though, and I know that hurt and doubt. Keep your chin up OP, and just try to move forward. You'll fall for someone new in time and then all of this won't matter :)

Happened to me. Forget her and him - they both deserve each other and will not last. Hope you're ok!

Axel5238 29

Maybe not to be worried in the sense that she'd cheat on you, but it does suck to have someone move on so quickly. Some people do that for various maybe they kind of new the relationship was on it's way out and accepted that others do it because they hate to be alone and hop from relationship to relationship.

Been in a similar situation two separate times. It seems like they were either interested in cheating or wanted to have a Plan B on standby.... either way, you're better off without the doubt eating you up. Don't look back.

Obviously it just wasn't meant to be. You'll find someone else OP