By The Corner Of Death - 12/08/2013 08:17 - United States - Spring

Today, my dog died. In the same kitchen corner that two of my other dogs have died. I have a "Corner Of Death" in my kitchen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 813
You deserved it 69

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dogs go someplace comfortable when they know they are dying. The corner made them all happy.

Comments

aleahlioness 15

Sorry for the bad luck with pets. :(

Bad luck? Maybe OP has had that dog for years and it finally kicked the bucket.

At least you have a place they can comfortably seek final solace...

Poppy8127 15

OP you should check out that corner. IF they died suddenly maybe there is something in the corner

Duceswild99 19

Quick! Fence it off before there are any other casualties.

OP doesn't say anything about cause of death. If this dog died of old age and the others did too, then I would say it was the most private and comfortable space they could find.

OP should stop adopting old dogs if that's the case...

mimiminx 23

Who said OP adopted old dogs? I know it's really, really weird, but dogs start out as puppies and then they do grow old as time goes on. Strange, huh?!

Not to mention, what's wrong with adopting old dogs anyway? Older dogs often get overlooked in favour of puppies at rescue places...adopting only older dogs and ensuring their last few years were happy ones would actually be a pretty damn decent thing to do.

53- you're right, and actually I would go beyond "decent" because I think anyone who can handle the heartbreak of losing a pet you just got attached to and used to relying on or having around, would absolutely be my hero. Not many people could do it.

Maybe the heating or AC works best in that corner or something. So the corner looks somewhat more cozy, and thus more attractive to a dog with a failing health. If the dogs passend away unsuspectedly check for gas leaks or something.

Dogs tend to go somewhere comfortable that makes them happy whenever they feel ill or unhappy. All of my dogs have had their favourite places in my house and they all went to them whenever they were feeling down. Maybe your dogs didn't realise they were dying and just liked that spot and thought it would make them feel better. Also, they try their best to move away from the ones they love, which would explain why your dogs chose the kitchen and not the living room or even bedroom. I heard that pack animals have an instinct to move away from their pack when they feel like they could be dying so their bodies don't draw any attention from predators and endanger the pack. Your dogs probably decided that the kitchen was the safest place for them to be. Be happy, it means they loved you enough to want to protect you. I'm sorry you lost your dogs. I hope you're okay, OP.

Unless you live in an apt., the only solution I can offer is to seal off as much of thaf corner as possible.

dont get How some ppl can YDI stories like this one

Lots of people press it to get the badge.

SamanthaNGoree 10

It sounds like someone should do a little remodeling.