By AAMBC4 - 09/04/2013 10:30 - United States - Jersey City

Today, my doctor asked me how often I drink, and I responded, "Socially." My three-year-old piped up, "No Mom, you drink all the time." My doctor now thinks I'm a raging alcoholic. My kid has never seen me drink. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 058
You deserved it 3 875

AAMBC4 tells us more.

OP here. Some of these comments crack me up, but thank you for the chuckle. My daughter is the light of my life and truly has a sense of humor and intelligence beyond her short 3 years. I appreciate the support of most and I am happy to have this to share with her as she gets older.

Top comments

ise3 10

Yeah the kid probably thought the doctor meant water

Comments

My bad on that one, I didn't even realize that. It had seemed like you thought the answer was odd for a different reason.

ughhseriouslywow 10

He probably doesn't realize the context of "drinking" in that situation applies only to alcohol, and not all liquids. He was probably referring to water and soda and everything else he sees you drinking.

perdix 29

When I was three, my parents offered a guest some wine and he said, "No, thanks, I don't think." I asked how he stayed alive! Little kids don't know that "drinking" is shorthand for "drinking alcohol." Don't worry, the doctor can smell you.

Aw. Your kid was just trying to help clarify. :P Your doctor should realize that little kids think drinking alcohol and drinking any other drink is the same thing.

Oh. I did this to my mother too when I was young. We were going down a highway while a sign came up saying "don't drink and drive" and she was drinking Coca-Cola and I of course told her not to drink and drive. He perhaps has the same belief in the aspect of drinking as I had. Now and days, drinking is an average Saturday night!

hooligyn123 18

I don't know about them but my autocorrect always turns "nowadays" to "Now and days"

Well. Auto-correct made me tell my friend, "If you present yourself naked to me right now, I would make love to you." When I tried to say "Hi, what's up?" So I don't trust auto-correct.

Many doctors have a keen eye and are able to look for telltale signs of someone that abuses drugs and alcohol. I'm sure doctor knows whom to believe. ;)

mzdaisylynn 12

your kid doesnt know the meaning of drink as in alcohol. He/she has seen you drink water, soda, coffee all the time. Thats what your kid meant.

mimiminx 23

Well done for repeating a comment already said twice

I'm sure they don't think that - I'm sure they took what your child said with a pinch of salt. Don't worry.