By notawizard - 16/07/2009 10:16 - Spain

Today, my daughter turned 11. Since she LOVES Harry Potter, I decided to write her an acceptance letter to Hogwarts. When she saw the letter, she screamed and showed me. When she found out I wrote it, she told me she hated me, started crying, and stepped on my foot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 338
You deserved it 95 108

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pedegg 0

Okay, everyone seems to be forgetting that eleven year olds ARE idiots. Even if they know the book is fiction, they still WANT it to be real- and if the outside world gives them a glimpse of hope that maybe it's more than fiction, they WILL believe it because they WANT it to be real. I waited for my Hogwarts letter when I was turning eleven. I didn't really think I'd get one, and when I didn't I wasn't crushed, but if I HAD gotten one I'd probably have shit myself. This mother obviously has never been obsessed with something like 11 year olds can be with this book series. That, or she's just a bitch. She should have known better than to have made the poor kid think she was going off to live in a magical world and then taken it away. That's horrible. Just take her to see the damn movie.

mynameisnotjudie 0

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?! Ugg I can't even begin to tell you how terrible that is. The poor little girl! An eleven year old really has no way of knowing that was fake because the excitement blinds them ;- )

Comments

Oh man, that really sucks... I mean she likes it so much she wants it to be real... don't blame yourself though... try to apologize with some big flashy expensive gift and lots of parental love lol

Mvibes 0

....Serieously? Dude, shes 11! You dont pull mean and stupid jokes as birthday gifts until they are at least 15! (I mean, by that time they will hate you anyway so why not) Poor girl...

How on Earth was it mean? It was the kid's own fault for being so damn stupid and believing that Hogwarts, Harry Potter and all that crap was based on fact!

She does know that hogwards isn't an actual school right? Are you sure your she even goes to school?

yes, OP is, but i'm pretty sure you didn't ever reach there.

KryptoniteKiss 0

Please, everybody knows it's fake unless Hedwig delivers it. ;)

lcsun69 0

Why did this make me laugh more than the OP?

You are the coolest person ever. Plethora that is, and the other too btw.

KryptoniteKiss 0

I'm on the fourth book. Thanks a lot asshole.

Hich17 0

Krpyto - you haven't read all the books or seen all the movies, and you go to the comments section of a post about Harry Potter, then flip out about spoilers? Are you f***in' kidding, dude? You're a complete and total idiot.

KryptoniteKiss 0

I didn't 'flip'. I stated I was on the fourth book.

And then said "thanks a lot, asshole" implying that they were an asshole for having a spoiler...

You can't revive the dead in HP.. unless Hedwig was a diabolical mastermind and had EIGHT horcruxes hidden throughout the world...

There were a lot of kissing scenes. Not in the movie tho ;p

No witch or wizard can bring people or animals back from the dead...... dumbass

LemonFairy 0

(And in response to Snape Kills Dumbledore, for everybody who has already seen HBP... VOLDEMORT KILLED HARRY'S PARENTS! Because apparently Slughorn was surprised. XD And yes, our entire midnight-release theater DID scream "SPOILER ALERT!")

LemonFairy 0

@Cromwellsandwish Well /technically/ Voldy had eight. XD

leagan66 0

yes, if you read the books, you would have known... dumbass...

leagan66 0

my first comment was directed toward #265

#270: Ah, a common error, my friend, that this canon nerd will be happy to correct. Voldy wanted his soul in seven pieces, meaning six Horcruxes and the bit in his body. Harry was the seventh horcrux, not the eight. The locket, the ring, the snake, the diary, the cup, the diadem. And Harry.

Not only did Harry not bring HER back as an owl-y inferius, he KASPLODED her. To quote Remus and the Lupins: "Hedwig was an owl who could fly really fast, She died in the air in a motorcycle crash. And then got blown apart when Harry tried to kill some guys in masks. She was stuck in her cage but she wanted to fly, But Hedwig couldn't fly, Hedwig DIED."

shewasalmost18 0

i wanna go to hogwarts and learn magic tricks

just take her to the movies next time

arnichol 0

Dude, that is not something you joke about. I would have reacted the same way, but with more sobbing. YDI.

Hich17 0

Wrong. Grandma's funeral is not something you joke about. Harry Potter isn't exactly a sensitive subject. And she wasn't joking, anyway - she was trying to think of a cool gift for her daughter, who needs to wake up and smell the floo powder.

LemonFairy 0

My friend's mom picked her and her sister up from school, told the office people that Grandma had died, and then walked out with them upset to tell them that she just needed an excuse and that they were going to see Chamber of Secrets when it came out. :P Grandma's death = joke. HP = sirius business.

Hich17 0

Wow... I just got put in my place. That's actually an awesome story, Lemon. You win.

Damn, YDI because you raised a moron for a daughter.

LemonFairy 0

(irishkid25 - you win at life. Does your name happen to be Seamus Finnigan by any chance?)

i agree with #4, for a 11y-o you made her beleive it and then broke it all. Make her a cosplay !