By bad date - 13/06/2012 04:42 - United States - Bennet

Today, my date made me pay him for picking me up, and taking me back home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 363
You deserved it 3 725

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

perdix 29

This is why you put out. The cost of travel would have been comped if you had sex with him. Quoting the wisdom of a trailer-truck mud flap, "Gas, grass or ass. No one rides for free."

yoursucklives 36

i only know that quote from the blink 182 - first date video. but if i remember correctly, there, it was "ass, gas or grass - nobody rides for free"

perdix 29

#46, I'm ooooollld. I saw that mud flap before Blink 182 was a blink in their fathers' eyes.

I don't think he originated put George Carlin said that long ago.

SanchoClaus25 6

Perdix I always down vote your comments simply because your profile talks about Justin bieber, however this one earned its first up vote. Good day sir!

perdix 29

#77, I only mention Bieber because I want to be the next lucky asshole who makes it big from being spotted on the Internet. It happened to Rebecca Black, too.

SanchoClaus25 6

Best of luck to you then! You are funny as hell so youre on the right path!

challan 19

Put out or pay up? Makes sense in this high dollar gas crisis! Just kidding, Op! However, I would take this as a clear sign that he's just not into you. Edit- Damn Perdix for beating me by 15 seconds! Lol :)

Aaassssshhhhoooolllleeeee yeah wouldnt date him again

sassypants93 17

Either you are dating a taxi driver, somebody who is super mega ultra cheap, or a turd. Could be a combination of two or more of the above list.

I vote for B and C, he's a super mega ultra cheap turd.

wow guys, maybe he's just not well off financially. maybe it's a bit of a dick move to just spring on someone, but gas is expensive and he was probably already paying for her that night. why does money have to be the be all and end all of a relationship?

Maybe because this isn't an FML about him asking her for a little gas money. I can see where you're coming from, but if he was that tight on money, then he didn't have to take her out on a date. They could've gone to his house or hers, or even gone to a nice, quiet area and have a picnic date. This is a case of being a stingy douche, not a nice guy that needed money to get home.

SchlomoTheGrinch 18

I think the problem lies in the standard of dates: He pays for everything and she gets to friendzone him. This time around, though, he actually went "equal rights = equal tabs" and we ALL know that when equality becomes truly equal, it's offensive to (some) women. Did OP offer to split ANY costs at all or did she genuinely expect him to pay her entire evening? From the sound of it, I'm thinking the latter situation is valid.

yoursucklives 36

44) we don't really know if they splitt their bill or not. but if the guy is short on money, it's perfectly tolerable if he asked to splitt the bill. it's even tolerable if he isn't. any women who are offended by this are really old fashioned.

AR10_fml 0

Lol. I've seen this same FML by another person.

It's sad the world we live in where girls EXPECT us to pay for everything. Get over it. It's double standards if you did the same thing it would be "oh she's probaby just low on cash right now"

Like you said "girls". Real women pay their stiff

But it didn't say he "asked for gas money." The way its worded makes it seem like he demanded payment for even taking her out.