By MadSon - 11/10/2009 02:59 - United States

Today, my dad had something to tell me. He'd cleaned out my bank account to pay off 38,000 dollars worth of gambling debt. My wedding is in 5 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 023
You deserved it 4 105

Same thing different taste

Top comments

skybeau 0

I second what #1 said - how come your dad has access to your account? If you're an adult, I thought you automatically became the main person in charge of the account and no one else could access it. Unless he stole your credit card or something? Either way, FYL for sure

Comments

cuz_i_said_so_27 0

Press charges. That's theft, dad or no dad. Maybe some time in prison will sort him out. What a tool.

I don't know about you all, but I certainly trust my parents not to tap my bank accounts that they helped me set up when I was a teenager. They probably still have the information sitting around somewhere, but they don't go into my bank accounts and randomly use my money to pay their debts. Now, if my father was a raging gambler with a mean streak of bad luck, that would be a different story. I'd also be slightly irritated (read: enraged) if he hid his addiction and then used my accounts that I trusted him with to pay off his debts. I would also press charges, and possibly disown him. FYL. Press charges. Disown him.

My parents have no access to my accountds and I'm only 23 with a full time job. Don't trust anyone especially with money. Can't you press charges and recover its worth it

I love these types of FMLs.. Parents clean or take a significant amount from their Kids' banking account, OP is ******, several posts indicating how the OP deserves it for giving their parents access.. So you people are okay with parents taking thousands of dollars from somebody's account to cover a debt?

You're getting married in five months and your parents still have access to your account? That totally sucks, but I think it's time to take them off the "allowed list".

If i was you id kick his face in and then put my cigg out on his eye lid cut him open and sell his organs on the black market.

he's an arsehole... this pissed me off just reading it

why does he have access to ur bank account??