By siighh - 06/07/2011 14:52 - Australia

Today, my dad came home from work complaining about all the people he'd seen. He said he doesn't understand why so many people with problems have to confide in him. He's a psychologist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 343
You deserved it 3 247

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

h4ppys3xym3 6

Wow, you people need to do your research. I'm studying psychology right now. Psychologists and psychiatrists alike counsil people, the difference is psychiatrists have a phd rather than a bachelors and can write prescriptions, psychologists can't.

You might want to make sure you know what you are studying. Psychiatrists have an MD or MD/PhD and prescribe meds. Counseling or Clinical Psychologists have an MS in Mental Health Counseling, MSW, PhD or Psy.D.

I'm a proctologist and you should see all the assholes I have to deal with!

I thought psychiatrists were the ones that talked to people, psychologists research the mind and the like...

there are different psychologists, and they deal with assisting peoples problems. they can't prescribe meds like a psychiatrist but they deal with similar problems.

hold up... since when did complaining about your job automatically mean you should quit? Psychologists are allowed to have bad days and let off steam too.

Never mind you F the L's of the people paying him

didnt ur dad read the job description b4 he took the job????

amazingjane 0

for real, I'm a counselor and some days, u just don't wanna hear that shit. we have bad days too!

Damn straight! When people come along just for a bitching session with no idea of an outcome for themselves, well that ***** just annoying.

amazingjane 0

97. psychologist have PhDs in most states, hon!

TheAsianAmerican 5

he probably just had a moment .